Hello everyone, As you may have noticed that I am a raw BB noob. I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mirzatech no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8800 Does Not Turn On!!

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed that I am a raw BB noob. I have been searching for days now across the web for a solution to a very bugging situation.
    So here is the problem: I recently bought a 8800 rim (branded for cingular/AT&T but UNLOCKED) from ebay powerseller with 100% rep. it was advertised in MINt condition.

It arrived two days later and seemed in great physical condition.
    So i plug in the charger and let it charge for more than 8 hours. I try turning it on but to no avail. During the charge the screen goes dimly on and shows a battery with an electric bolt going through (I assume that means charging..).

It initially seemed to me as a battery problem. So i took it to a local store and borrowed one of their batteries for 8800 and the phone started working fine also made a call with my temporary T-mobile sim inserted. (although their battery was also on low charge)---

So i come home and with a new OEM 8800 battery. plugged it in and charged for like 4 hours and the screen goes on with the charging symbol but does not power on.

I have repeatedly searched through the WWW and came across wide variety of dilemmas but none were any helpful. I also tried installing the latest OS...which also spectacularly failed [got an error that ...loading failed during the mult-load session...or something like that. I followed several very well written guides [advising that the manager and OS be installed on PC and etc.].

SO I MAKE A DESPERATE REQUEST FOR HELP FROM ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP. WHAT'S THE DIAGNOSIS WITH THIS BB. IT WAS ABLE TO WORK WITH THE BORROWED BATTERY FROM A LOCAL STORE..EVEN MADE A CALL AND EVERYTHING...BUT WITH THE BATTERY THAT CAME WITH THE eBay PURCHASE AND THE THE BRAND NEW THAT I BOUGHT....IT DOES NOT POWER ON.

BESIDES HOW LONG SHOULD I BE CHARGING IF IT IS NEW OR IF THE PHONE HAS NOT BEEN IN USE FROM SOME TIME??

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Please help ASAP.

Mirza

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    If got a new battery try charing it using your USB sync cable with your computer. It sounds like the charger might not be charing. Usually when you get the battery icon when you put the charger is because the battery is bad~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peddada no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    My guess would be to double check the display connection. It could be loose. But for that you have to take the phone apart.