Hi I have just bought a blackberry 8800, it really nice, very intuative part from ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

martin121 no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 diary entry times non specific

Advertisement

Hi
    I have just bought a blackberry 8800, it really nice, very intuative part from the diary entries.
    At the moment i still use my o2 exec which displays entries as

12.00 to 12.45 Mr Phoo
    12.45 to 13.30 Mr Jones
    13.30 to 14.30 Mr Smith

The Blackberry shows it as

12.00 Mr Phoo
    12.45 Mr Jones
    13.30 Mr Smith

There seems to be too many times in the middle opening it up to a real headache of over booking appointments. I think i have tried every option to change this but can not find how to do it. Is there a way? and if not is a there a differnet model Blackberry that shows appointments without the extra times.
    Thanks for your help
    Martin

raychelabcdefg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I don't exactly know what you mean by "diary entries". Assuming you just mean the calendar, you can set how long each appointment lasts and will show your schedule as busy until the next appointment.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can use the "Agenda" view instead of the daily. That way it only shows the times that you actually have appointments. You can also choose to show the end times in agenda view. This is actually the view I default to. You can also choose to show free time in agenda view. If appointments overlap, it shows a red symbol on the right, overlapping appointments will show the end times even if you have it set not to in options. Hope this helps.

martin121 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re 8800 syncing issue

Thanks for the reply, that works really well using agenda view, just what i wantes thanks.
    Could you maybe help me with one other issue, when i sync to my pc if reloads all appointmens 6549 at the moment, i do need all of them on there as i quite often have to look for old details, is there a way to get it to just change the differences from the last syn, im sure there is i just can not find it.

With thanks

Martin

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    That part I'm not sure about. I know in the desktop manager you can set how the conflicts are resolved but I rarely sync since I rarely use Outlook. I just back up in the DM and sync to Outlook every once in a while when I get a new contact or my schedule changes drastically. I'm sure someone will be along soon that knows more about synchronization will be in before long. Hope so anyway, I don't want to leave ya hangin'.