Just the other day I noticed my Cingular 8800 started to delete email messages and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

yellowcyrano no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8800 deleting emails/phone logs

Advertisement

Just the other day I noticed my Cingular 8800 started to delete email messages and the phone log automatically. Emails are still on my Outlook but gone from the 8800. All calls on the log (Missed, Outgoing, Incoming) are deleted on it's own.

The HH software version is v4.2.1.72 (Platform 2.3.0.54).

Anyone seen this and/or know of a fix?

Thanks!!

d

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: 8800 deleting emails/phone logs

welcome to the stacks!
    this is a known issue with memory on the pearl. may apply to you. give this a lookover
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html
    it may help you
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Sounds like a memory leak. It's also possible that you have filled your device memory with ringtones/videos/pictures. Any BB will start deleting content if it's out of space. If you suspect a memory leak a battery pull will temporarily free memory until you get the leak fixed via an OS upgrade or by dealing with the faulty app. If you loaded too much stuff then delete it or move it to the media card.

bigzird no está en línea Stack level 1

I have actually a similar problem with my Curve, but mine goes one step worse: not only does it delete the stuff on the blackberry, but then it synchronizes with the servers and deletes those same emails there too. I just had my blackberry run out of space and it deleted all sorts of emails and sync'ed up such that I had a ton of emails missing in my Outlook as well as conversation threads missing in my gmail.

How do I stop it from doing this???

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i just had this problemi went and deleted old apps and moved my pics tomemory card