I am looking for a clean and efficient way to manage contacts. I am using ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

matttammy99@yah no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8800 Contact Management

Advertisement

I am looking for a clean and efficient way to manage contacts. I am using an 8800 tied to my corporate Outlook account. I would like to be able to do the following:

• edit contacts in mass using Excel or another app
    • adjust the more advanced parameters on each contact (custom ring, group, multiple phone numbers, etc...
    • group contacts
    • adjust the custom settings (like ring tone) for a group of contacts (personal, business, important)
    Any thoughts on whether the best way to do this is with Outlook (using import/export) or a third party contact management app?

Thanks

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Re: 8800 Contact Management

I use Outlook to do any major changes if I`m at my PC, othewise, I do any changes on BB. Then I sync them every couple of days.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

One thing you could do is export the BB address book to an ASCII character separated text file using the as desktop manager synchronization feature (use Configure sync settings). Then perform you edits you want in excel. And then import back using the same settings except for the import/export/sync setting. Once completed, go back to the outlook sync.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I got an "unable to initialize application api" error when I tried to use the ASCII importer/exporter. Can you walk me through in more detail?

Also, what I really am interested in doing is putting all of my contacts into 3 categories (personal, business, and important). Then, I would like to assign a different ring tone (and maybe e-mail alert tone) to each CATEGORY (not contact by contact).

Continued Thanks to the forum