Hi I am unsure as to whether I have set my phone up correctly, but ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

fitz123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down 8800 Contact list

Advertisement

Hi
    I am unsure as to whether I have set my phone up correctly, but when i got to my manager on computer , I acnnot access my contacts list to edit on computer and transfer back to phone
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: 8800 Contact list

Since you are on BES, have you spoken to the BES Admin fo assistance?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

What's "your manager"? Are you syncing to Outlook or a different app?

fitz123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    What's "your manager"? Are you syncing to Outlook or a different app?

not sure how to set it up to sync with outlook, I just have all my contacts on the phone.How would i transfer these to outlook or how do i sync between the 2 .

thanks for replying

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by fitz123
    not sure how to set it up to sync with outlook, I just have all my contacts on the phone.How would i transfer these to outlook or how do i sync between the 2 .

thanks for replying
    If you are using MAC you would need the "Missing Sync for Blackberry" I think there is a different program for the PC
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

First make sure that your computer is recognizing your BB. If it is not you may need to make sure that your service packs are uptodate through your providers BB website. Then you will need to make sure that your sync is set-up b/t the two. You will do this through the Desktop Manager. Then if all that works you should be ok.

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Dave Hi
    If you are on a PC you will need Microsoft Office, a version that includes Microsoft Outlook (not outlook express mind). If you are on a Mac, although there is a version of Microsoft Office for Mac but it does not include Outlook and basically Outlook does not work with Mac anyway and you can only, as far as I know, tranfer your files through the very capable SYNC system of Mac.
    Back to PC. Please install Outlook on your PC and write your contacts in Outlook. Install or download Blackberry's Desktop Manager and make certain that it is installed properly including the Media Centre for your music and pics and videos. Do not connect your BB to your PC before you install the Desktop Manager. Once it is installed successfully connect BB through the USB cable and your computer should start detecting your BB as a device and install the drivers and tell you that device is installed and ready. It is then that desktop manager will read your handset and will ask you which program is going to be your preferred sync programme to which select Microsoft 2003 etc. and you will see that within a short space of time all your contacts etc are copied to your handset and from your handset to your PC.
    I had about 2000 contact name and number address etc and it took less than a minute.

I did the same thing on my Apple ibook but through Apple Sync programme slighly slower but did the job.
    I hope the above is of assistance to you.

Beau5225 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anybody know how to copy my sim to address book on my 8800 before i put it in my kenwood blender. cheers beau

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beau5225
    Does anybody know how to copy my sim to address book on my 8800 before i put it in my kenwood blender. cheers beau
    Hi
    There is an option in the BB which allows you to do this. Go to options and you will find it.
    good luck