Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

hey I heard that bluetooth and 802.11 can be incomaptible does that mean the 8800 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

  1. #31
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Advertisement



    hey I heard that bluetooth and 802.11 can be incomaptible does that mean the 8800 will have one and not both?

  2. #32
    tdawg's Avatar
    tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Posts
    544

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    hey I heard that bluetooth and 802.11 can be incomaptible does that mean the 8800 will have one and not both?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]They are both spread spectrum technologies. Even if they wererunning in the same freq band, the interference would be minimum.[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

    From wiki
    The protocol operates in the license-free ISM band at 2.45 GHz. In order to avoid interfering with other protocols which use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s. Version 2.0 implementations feature Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), and thus reach 2.1 Mbit/s. Technically version 2.0 devices have a higher power consumption, but the three times faster rate reduces the transmission times, effectively reducing consumption to half that of 1.x devices (assuming equal traffic load).
    Bluetooth differs from Wi-Fi in that the latter provides higher throughput and covers greater distances but requires more expensive hardware and higher power consumption. They use the same frequency range, but employ different multiplexing schemes. While Bluetooth is a cable replacement for a variety of applications, Wi-Fi is a cable replacement only for local area network access. Bluetooth is often thought of as wireless USB whereas Wi-Fi is wireless Ethernet, both operating at much lower bandwidth than the cable systems they are trying to replace. However, this analogy is not accurate since unlike USB, Bluetooth does not require the presence of a host PC

  3. #33
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    [FONT=Times New Roman]They are both spread spectrum technologies. Even if they wererunning in the same freq band, the interference would be minimum.[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

    From wiki
    The protocol operates in the license-free ISM band at 2.45 GHz. In order to avoid interfering with other protocols which use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s. Version 2.0 implementations feature Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), and thus reach 2.1 Mbit/s. Technically version 2.0 devices have a higher power consumption, but the three times faster rate reduces the transmission times, effectively reducing consumption to half that of 1.x devices (assuming equal traffic load).
    Bluetooth differs from Wi-Fi in that the latter provides higher throughput and covers greater distances but requires more expensive hardware and higher power consumption. They use the same frequency range, but employ different multiplexing schemes. While Bluetooth is a cable replacement for a variety of applications, Wi-Fi is a cable replacement only for local area network access. Bluetooth is often thought of as wireless USB whereas Wi-Fi is wireless Ethernet, both operating at much lower bandwidth than the cable systems they are trying to replace. However, this analogy is not accurate since unlike USB, Bluetooth does not require the presence of a host PC
    thanks, I actually got this question from reading my brother's book on wireless communications. in the book it said there were some dilemmas.

  4. #34
    mocmylov's Avatar
    mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41
    Posts
    48

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    I found this site (pretty nice design) that I've never heard of that's taking pre-orders on "Indigo's"... I wouldn't pre-order, but just letting you all know that they expect the product to be in stock Feb 6... We'll see...

    negrielectronics.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_5&products_id=102

  5. #35
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Quote Originally Posted by mocmylov
    I found this site (pretty nice design) that I've never heard of that's taking pre-orders on "Indigo's"... I wouldn't pre-order, but just letting you all know that they expect the product to be in stock Feb 6... We'll see...

    negrielectronics.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_5&products_id=102
    the fact that it's only $100 on their website doesnt help either

  6. #36
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    lmao and the iphone is $100 pre-order too on that website maybe we should report them

  7. #37
    325inewbie's Avatar
    325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    89

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    that seems very strange, i can't get an 8703 for that cheap!!

  8. #38
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Quote Originally Posted by 325inewbie
    that seems very strange, i can't get an 8703 for that cheap!!
    exactly but I think the word you are looking for is ripoff

  9. #39
    phillyslix's Avatar
    phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    463

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Some courthouses only allow the attorneys and police officers to bring phones inside. I have a friend who's a police officer and he has a flip camera phone and takes it into court with no problem. I'm sure depending upon what county you live in, then you may or may not be able to bring in a camera phone (let alone any cell phone) at all unless you're an attorney or police officer or sheriff's deputy, baliff, and the like.




    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #40
    carson's Avatar
    carson no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    52

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    The $100 is only a reserve price. If you look at the other phones that haven't been released some say full pre release price and are around $500. Probably means the price for the 8800 has not been set but - you can pay a deposit

  11. #41
    winste's Avatar
    winste no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    47

    Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

    Quote Originally Posted by 325inewbie
    that seems very strange, i can't get an 8703 for that cheap!!
    I have been checking out letstalk.com and even amazon and you can get the 8700 or 8100 pretty cheap (less than $50 after MIR) and would expect that the 8800 won't be too much more if you are willing to sign a new contract.

    I'm with verizon and will not pay $200 for an 8703 and there more expensive monthly rates for a CDMA phone. Forthunately my contract will be up at the end of March and I am hoping that the 8800 with camera is out by then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •