Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

hey I heard that bluetooth and 802.11 can be incomaptible does that mean the 8800 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: 8800 codename Indigo Feb '07 release

Advertisement

hey I heard that bluetooth and 802.11 can be incomaptible does that mean the 8800 will have one and not both?

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    hey I heard that bluetooth and 802.11 can be incomaptible does that mean the 8800 will have one and not both?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]They are both spread spectrum technologies. Even if they wererunning in the same freq band, the interference would be minimum.[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

From wiki
    The protocol operates in the license-free ISM band at 2.45 GHz. In order to avoid interfering with other protocols which use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s. Version 2.0 implementations feature Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), and thus reach 2.1 Mbit/s. Technically version 2.0 devices have a higher power consumption, but the three times faster rate reduces the transmission times, effectively reducing consumption to half that of 1.x devices (assuming equal traffic load).
    Bluetooth differs from Wi-Fi in that the latter provides higher throughput and covers greater distances but requires more expensive hardware and higher power consumption. They use the same frequency range, but employ different multiplexing schemes. While Bluetooth is a cable replacement for a variety of applications, Wi-Fi is a cable replacement only for local area network access. Bluetooth is often thought of as wireless USB whereas Wi-Fi is wireless Ethernet, both operating at much lower bandwidth than the cable systems they are trying to replace. However, this analogy is not accurate since unlike USB, Bluetooth does not require the presence of a host PC

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    [FONT=Times New Roman]They are both spread spectrum technologies. Even if they wererunning in the same freq band, the interference would be minimum.[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

From wiki
    The protocol operates in the license-free ISM band at 2.45 GHz. In order to avoid interfering with other protocols which use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s. Version 2.0 implementations feature Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), and thus reach 2.1 Mbit/s. Technically version 2.0 devices have a higher power consumption, but the three times faster rate reduces the transmission times, effectively reducing consumption to half that of 1.x devices (assuming equal traffic load).
    Bluetooth differs from Wi-Fi in that the latter provides higher throughput and covers greater distances but requires more expensive hardware and higher power consumption. They use the same frequency range, but employ different multiplexing schemes. While Bluetooth is a cable replacement for a variety of applications, Wi-Fi is a cable replacement only for local area network access. Bluetooth is often thought of as wireless USB whereas Wi-Fi is wireless Ethernet, both operating at much lower bandwidth than the cable systems they are trying to replace. However, this analogy is not accurate since unlike USB, Bluetooth does not require the presence of a host PC
    thanks, I actually got this question from reading my brother's book on wireless communications. in the book it said there were some dilemmas.

mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41

I found this site (pretty nice design) that I've never heard of that's taking pre-orders on "Indigo's"... I wouldn't pre-order, but just letting you all know that they expect the product to be in stock Feb 6... We'll see...

negrielectronics.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_5&products_id=102

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by mocmylov
    I found this site (pretty nice design) that I've never heard of that's taking pre-orders on "Indigo's"... I wouldn't pre-order, but just letting you all know that they expect the product to be in stock Feb 6... We'll see...

negrielectronics.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_5&products_id=102
    the fact that it's only $100 on their website doesnt help either

PIN/ID

lmao and the iphone is $100 pre-order too on that website maybe we should report them

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

that seems very strange, i can't get an 8703 for that cheap!!

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by 325inewbie
    exactly but I think the word you are looking for is ripoff

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Some courthouses only allow the attorneys and police officers to bring phones inside. I have a friend who's a police officer and he has a flip camera phone and takes it into court with no problem. I'm sure depending upon what county you live in, then you may or may not be able to bring in a camera phone (let alone any cell phone) at all unless you're an attorney or police officer or sheriff's deputy, baliff, and the like.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

carson no está en línea Stack level 2

The $100 is only a reserve price. If you look at the other phones that haven't been released some say full pre release price and are around $500. Probably means the price for the 8800 has not been set but - you can pay a deposit

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by 325inewbie
    I have been checking out letstalk.com and even amazon and you can get the 8700 or 8100 pretty cheap (less than $50 after MIR) and would expect that the 8800 won't be too much more if you are willing to sign a new contract.

I'm with verizon and will not pay $200 for an 8703 and there more expensive monthly rates for a CDMA phone. Forthunately my contract will be up at the end of March and I am hoping that the 8800 with camera is out by then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123