I need to access and interact with a specific webpage which only functions properly while ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

knoppe01 no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 Browser Question

Advertisement

I need to access and interact with a specific webpage which only functions properly while using the Blackberry Browser. Despite changing to the Blackberry browser from the internet browser it does not stay on BB browser. I've tried using the options under browser general settings and the browser settings under the advanced settings. Has anyone experienced this. Short of wiping the device and reinstalling the software does anyone have any possible solutions ?

Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8800 Browser Question

First a Browser primer - there are three possible browsers on the BlackBerry:
    • WAP Browser - This browser usually routes through your Provider's network. For example, on my AT&T 8800, if I go to www.yahoo.com with this browser, I go to a customized "Media Net" version of the Yahoo home page. This may be called something other than WAP Browser - like Media Net for me. Also, this is typically preset with little if any Script support and may even not show images on all Web pages for faster response (Browser Configuration from the Browser's Options).
    • BlackBerry Browser: This routes through your BES's network. For me, if I try to go to a web site that's blocked by my company's firewall, I get the same message as I would if I were using my computer's browser at work. I don't think you'll have this unless you're on a BES.
    • Internet Browser: This routes directly to the Internet. I can get to those nasty blocked sites with this browser, and www.yahoo.com is the real thing!
    When I went from the 8700 to the 8800, I lost my BlackBerry Browser icon and now only have Browser, so I had to set my Default Browser to Internet Browser. You set your Default Browser under ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Browser. Hit [Space] until it says Internet Browser.

Similarly, you can set your default MDS Browser - which should typically be your BlackBerry Browser since you're likely to only have MDS Applications running over your company's network (I have NO IDEA how the Browser distinguishes this!).

When you create a Bookmark in the Browser, you can specify which Browser the bookmark uses.

If you use the Go to... menu command within the Browser, you can hit the Menu button and select which browser to use.

I have EVERYTHING (especially Scripting support) enabled on my Internet Browser, and have Emulation Mode set to BlackBerry on both BlackBerry & Internet Browsers. I'd tell you to play with this setting, but it sounds like you've been there already!

Hope this helps!
    JerryD

knoppe01 no está en línea Stack level 1

That solved the problem. THANK YOU - I knew most of that info with the exception that each bookmark controlled which browser was being used. For this bookmark (which is on my company's network) it was set to Internet Browser (I guess it used that since it was my default for ALL). I changed it and perfect.

Thanks Again.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

You're welcome!
    JerryD