Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

>>Unofficially<< I understand that the demand from the corporate sector, has been significantly greater than ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

8800 Backorder status

Advertisement

>>Unofficially<<

I understand that the demand from the corporate sector, has been significantly greater than anticipated. Backorders are beginning to be a concern.

As a result, filling individual retail orders may be minimal for an undetermined amount of time. While there will be a trickle of retail orders filled from Cingulars intro date, and each day thereafter, they anticipate a backorder status to develop during the first few days. This will increase the time it takes for individual users to obtain 8800's.

The exact nature of this is yet to be determined as obviously it all depends on the volume of orders placed from the retail user base, once that channel is opened and taking orders.

I have heard that RIM has been working on increasing production from the moment this situation became apparent.

Be prepared to act quickly the moment they appear as available, and that's the best any of us can do.

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8800 Backorder status

Thanx!!

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Where does your information come from?

I agree with everything you are saying, I'm just interested to see where the information is coming from.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not at liberty to disclose the source. Just sharing what I know as of earlier today. My intent is to simply contribute in a positive way, as so many others do. It's the power of this forum as a gathering place to share knowledge, experience & solutions.

Cheers...

~via BB 8700c (wap.pinstack.com)~

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Archer,

I hope you didn't take any offense to my inquiry. I agree with your vision of this site as well as your respect to your source.

I was just interested as to where this information was coming from. It seems legit to me and I believe what you are saying, just curious.

I think that cingular's pounce on the corporate market could certainly cause some problems with individuals getting the phone right away.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pthomas11-

No offense taken

While the current info suggests delays of some sort in the retail channel, I'm quite happy to hear of the strong interest from RIM' core market.

Also based on what I've read regarding their pro-active stance in regards to market dymamics, I'm sure this will be nothing more than a blip on the radar screen.

Finally, I agree with you, I look forward to watching this play out.

~via BB 8700c (wap.pinstack.com)~

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I can believe that there will be a delay to individuals. I'm now in position, do I purchase the pearl or wait. my treo 750 is not getting my email in a timely manner. I was okay waiting a few more days not months. Any suggestions?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well its common sense basically for corporate users they will want the skinnier more powerful BB and therefore a ton of people are going to want it plus since the pearl a lot of people are going to want it just for fun I think the pearl from Cingular is the best BB Out and will be better than the 8800

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Wendy,
    Here in nashville I wouldn't forsee there being a massive problem assuming that the local Cingy stores are going to stock the device if you get there around opening time then you should be okay. I would assume Green Hills definately will be stocked with some units as should Brentwood.

The main thing I think you need to decide is if you are willing to deal with the 8800 without a camera, because it will not be launced with a camera next week.

PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

N8...I know, I leaning towarads the pearl just for the camera and it is available today. What are you currently using? I still a little afraid of the suretype learning curve.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Wendy. I am currently using an 8700 as the workhorse. I have a pearl however hardly use it.

Maybe its because I have large hands? Hah. Who knows. I just prefer larger devices.

Wendy

I have both, a 8700c qwerty & a 7130c SureType. Plus I was used to qwerty as that was what I was used to from using a Treo.

I could not decide when I switched to the BlackBerry platform so that's why I bought these two.

Well I can now say from experience that I prefer the SureType by a wide margin. It's much faster than anything else.

Plus I like that it's designed to be used one handed just like a regular cell phone.

I also bought a Pearl, however my hands are just to big to enjoy it, so I went back to my 7130.

Several of my friends have Pearls & they are very happy, especially the ladies because it fits them perfectly.

The key to learning SureType is easy. Just allow yourself a day or so to go slow, and learn the key locations. Type deliberately and SureType will learn the words you use & how you use them. It's amazing technology. Soon you will be very fast and accurate. I have far less typos than when I was using qwerty.

I process a minimum of 30 emails per day, many of which are as lengthy as I compose on my laptop. No problem.

Hope this helps.

~via BB 7130c. (wap.pinstack.com)~

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

do you guys know when is tmobile coming out with the 8800?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    I think the pearl from Cingular is the best BB Out and will be better than the 8800
    "Best" is always subjective... and a bit meaningless when it's not qualified. I mean, for me, there's no way a non-full-qwerty BB can be "best". Obviously, YMMV.

PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Archer, thank you so much, your information is very helpful. The Pearl is becoming more desirable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast