Sorry if I'm duplicating another thread, but I couldn't turn anything up in a search. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2

8800 Backlight Issue

Advertisement

Sorry if I'm duplicating another thread, but I couldn't turn anything up in a search.

I was having a problem with my 8800 backlight, and think I found the cause. Thought I should share it here just in case any other Stackers run into the same issue.

My backlight is set to shut off after 2 minutes. Yesterday it suddenly began cycling back on after only a few seconds. It did so whether the light turned off automatically or manually (via the top left button), and quickly drained the battery.

I tried soft and hard restarts with no change. I also tried changing my backlight settings, but the problem persisted.

While searching here for a solution, I noticed that I had several apps still running in the background from yesterday, including Google Maps. That one was still pinging my GPS (as it should), even though the map itself was not displaying. I shut down the apps, and so far the backlight seems back to normal.

Looks like that old maxim of the simplest explanation being the most likely proved true again. If you run into this issue, check for open apps before trying to find a more complicated cause! :-)

Soonere39 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8800 Backlight Issue

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the info. -havent had that problem but it might help a newb like me.