Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My friend was showing off his motorola Q and Slingbox yesterday and now I want ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

8800 & SlingBox???

Advertisement

My friend was showing off his motorola Q and Slingbox yesterday and now I want one badly!! The problem, I believe, is that it's not available for Blackberries. Does anyone know if this is true?? Does anyone know if it could be worked around?? I want to watch TV and access my Tivo on my BBRY!!!

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

Re: 8800 & SlingBox???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~currently the bb does not stream anything. All sling box would have to do is create an app though. Maybe we should sign a petition and show them that there is a great untapped rersource in the bb comunity.

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im down for that! I need tv in my hand to get thru 8hrs of work! Lol

DEEBRAINS no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To my knowledge, slingbox can only be used on 3G(cingular/att) or umts devices capable of that kind of data transfer. As of right now blackberry doesn't have a model compatible.that would be cool though

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Put me on the list. You can use sling box on windows mobile devices
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

webdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by DEEBRAINS
    To my knowledge, slingbox can only be used on 3G(cingular/att) or umts devices capable of that kind of data transfer. As of right now blackberry doesn't have a model compatible.that would be cool though
    I have used Slingbox on a Treo 750 and 8525 using Edge service. It takes longer to buffer but it does work.

mcaram16 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've actually contacted sling box....they told me that they were thinking about creating an app for the BB, but not in the near future...and chances are they probably won't bother creating it at all...but hey, if anyone wants to start a petition i'll def sign it.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Use Slingbox with caution. It requires a large amount of bandwidth, therefor wireless carriers have the right to terminate your service for abusing your data agreement. You will also be subject to pay you EDP's for each line under contract.

Slingbox will cause poor tower performance if a number of people in an area are logged into it, as well a huge spike in CS calls for customers inquiring about their web browsers dragging or text and emails being delayed.

rgarde no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm definately in for a petition. I have seen it on a motorola Q with ev-do, and it was the one thing i had to turn my smile upside down. My Blackberry kicked moto Q for every app for app. It would be great to have an app for the BB, slingbox is a great concept. I am thinking of purchasing it soon with my mac. I am starting to travel lots and will be nice to have, an even better if I could access it on my BB.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

Is your slingbox connected to a PC at home and is that PC connected to the internet? If so you could access it by bringing up your PC on the BB. I use Idokorro Mobile Desktop on my BB and VPN on my office PC.

jtaylor2125 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D3C24F

Check out orb.com it's like slingbox for your Computer and if you have a tv tuner card you get the tv side as well, however, i don't have tivo so i'm not sure if it would work like sling and tivo

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

I find it odd that they'd support all those other 'smartphones' / pda's and not Blackberries. You'd think that since Bbry is so dominent in that space, they'd have the ability to be used with such a growing service!

webdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Paperboy2007
    I find it odd that they'd support all those other 'smartphones' / pda's and not Blackberries. You'd think that since Bbry is so dominent in that space, they'd have the ability to be used with such a growing service!
    Only the recent BBs have been able to do video. Pocket PCs have done video for years. BB video is actually a new market compared to Palm and Pocket PC.

jaynair no está en línea Stack level 1

jaynair no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi guys,let me first thank the forum for its contribution,I'm from India it's been a very short time scince the introduction of the BB here if it was not for this forum I would never understood the value of my BB in my life.Once again thank you one and all.
    I'm sorry to be asking you this question what is a slingbox never heard of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast