Hello, I have been searching the 8800 forums and i have not had luck. May ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

badsha no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 and Bluetooth Headsets

Advertisement

Hello,

I have been searching the 8800 forums and i have not had luck. May be someone can help me. Is there anyway to have it so you when your bluetooth headset is connected to the 8800, all incoming and outgoing calls go directly to the headset? As of now, its set so that you have to activate the headset everytime a phone call is coming in or making a call. Thoughts? Thank you.

bpomeroy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24450BFA

Re: 8800 and Bluetooth Headsets

In your options menu under bluetooth have you set the headset settings to Discoverable (yes) and Allow outgoing calls (yes)??

PIN/ID
    24450BFA

If they are correct then click on your Headset name (in bluetooth settings) click device properties and check to see if the device is set to trusted (should say yes)

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Also it can be a bluetooth headset issue itself. Have you tried a different bluetooth headset if you can get hold of one. I used a sagem bluetooth with a few different BB devices without any problems.

Encryption: Off
    Trusted Device: Yes
    Allow Outgoing Calls: Always
    Discoverable: Yes

I still have to activate the Jabra BT250 everytime i make a call. Really annoyning.

PIN/ID
    24450BFA

Yes that would be quite annoying. The only other things i can think of would be to delete and then re-pair the headset and the BB. Or try another headset to try and see if it is the BB or the headset thats causing the problem... anyone else have any ideas???

Ill try that. Thank you. I have a BT800 i can try.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

As an FYI, I use a Jabra BT-250v with no problem. It stays connected until I turn it off. My gripe is that I generally have to put in 0000 to get it to connect again. It should be automatic.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use a Jawbone bt headset. It defaults to headset upon turning headset on. I can actually use voice fial from the headset also with no problems

Bonfiasco no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm trying to get my motorola h500 bluetooth to work on my 8800. Not luck, can't be found. Does anyone know if this bluetooth is incompatible with my bb?

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use a motorolla H700 and I can voice dial and it deeps in my ear when I get a call. When I am using telenav and I am on a call it goes through to my blue tooth. But if I get like 4 feet away from my 8800 with my bluetooth on it gets all crackeled especially in the holster. Any Ideas?

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

BB's are very picky about BT headsets.. I had SE HBH-610a which is superb headset but my Pearl sucked all it's battery for 3 hours in connected mode or I have to connect it for every call like you do.. Then I bought Plantronics.. and it is like day and night.. this headset gives me 5 days working time without charging staying connected with the phone and allows to listen mp3's.. Unfortunately BB have some uncertain BT protocol.... that should be addressed to RIM
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

cyclomatic no está en línea Stack level 1

Let me start by saying I'm not the most experienced BT user. I don't usually need many bells and whistles. And trying out the endless varieties can lead to dissapointment, sore ears and empty pockets. So this is my humble opinion.

Picked up a Blueant X3 Micro. My first inclination was the Jawbone (I'll post later on that) but wanted to try something less pricey. Cost $60 most stores when you can find it. I paid $45 at J&R Express at the Cellar in Macy's. I believe that was the sale price down from $55. You can find it on the internet at $40 & up.

First off the X3 comes out the box with a flexible USB charger. That attaches to the car and wall chargers, also included in the box. After 2 hours charging I turned it on and it went right into pairing mode. Connecting was flawless and following the user friendly manual is cake. You can connect up to 3 devices to the X3.

The size is small and it comes in many color option. Burnt (Texas) Orange, White, Blue, Black and Pink. However, finding them in variious colors has been a little challenge. It looks great and the size should be a plus for most. I wanted Orange (easy to see when I need to find it) but decided to go with black to match the look of my 8800. Inside the box you'll find two ear hooks and two ear gels (standard and large of each) for custom fit. At first I wasn't sure about the fit but after the first few hours, I know can wear it comfortably hours at a time if need be. Just don't try to push it far into your ear..it's not suppose to be. I like the design that it swivels from left ear to right without complicated changes of hooks or ear gels. Comfort for me is excellent.

So far I can say the stand-by time has been outstanding. The clarity when listening is great. I've had no complaints in regard to "can" or "well" voice. I keep my volume near 50% and adjust up as needed which isn't too often indoors. Range is as listed (30ft) and maybe a bit more. Background noise is pick up about avgerage. People will hear the noise but that's like any other BT I've spoken in or listened to. Again, sound is very clear.

High marks for charging quickly, mutiple hooks and gels included, excellent user manual.
    The asthetics and size rival any other BT in my opinion with color options to please of the masses.
    Let's not forget stand-by time, talk time, voice clarity and range. Background noise isn't the greatest but far from the worst and beats out many Motorola's in my opinion.

I feel one would be hard pressed to find a better BT for under $80 and I would argue it maybe more. I think anyone looking for an affordable and quality unit, hands down this is it.

Oh yeah, backed by a 2yr warranty as well.
    Last edited by cyclomatic; 06-09-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    As an FYI, I use a Jabra BT-250v with no problem. It stays connected until I turn it off. My gripe is that I generally have to put in 0000 to get it to connect again. It should be automatic.
    I use a Jabra BT135 and connection is never a problem. I had to put in the 0000 once and after the pairing of both the BB 8800 and the headset it never asked for it again.