Wanted to know If anyone here had the BB pearl b4...if so which phone is ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Lexdmd2 no está en línea Stack level 2

8800 ???

Advertisement

Wanted to know If anyone here had the BB pearl b4...if so which phone is better...8100 or 8800 ???

Dont know if I should switch phones

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

Thumbs up Re: 8800 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lexdmd2
    Wanted to know If anyone here had the BB pearl b4...if so which phone is better...8100 or 8800 ???

Dont know if I should switch phones
    In my own Opinion:

I still own both and it's really dependant on what kind of features that interest you. I enjoyed the pearl because of size and the camera. But then realized that i was using maps and a gps puck to go along with the navigational part of it. The camera isn't too bad either but again not enough usage for me. Picked up the 8800 and LOVE IT! I don't care about the camera, cause you can take a photo with a normal digi cam and then transfer the pic over. But as foe the GPS, it's PIMP! No need to carry a GPS puck any longer. Just load up BB maps and turn on GPS. I haven't tried Telenav yet, and not too sure if I will. Cost money to use when BB maps are free. Good to go. Full keyboard means you can type whatever you want without having to choose the specific word you are looking for. There are not alot of themes for the 8800 unlike the fabulous folks that have created alot on Pinstack. But if you can figure out how to unlock the vendor themes, your set.

Hope this helps.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Re: 8800 ???

BB Maps doesnt have voice though does it? Telenav give turn by turn voice directions as well as 3D and 2d maps, etc. I tried BB Maps and have to say that Telenva is far superior

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

Yes this very true! I agree 100% about the differnces on the mapping programs available. But again if you're trying to save cash, then BB maps is your way to go. If money ain't a thang, then shiat brother do it right! Lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Lexdmd2
    As with anything in life what's "best" is what fits your needs best. There's no universal "best". I prefer the 8800 but I can't stand SureType.

Considering that you didn't give us any information it's impossible to make a menaingful recommendation. Do you need the camera? Do you have a preference for full qwerty or SureType? Does the GPS matter at all to you? Ask yourself these questions and you'll have a pretty definitive answer. You can compare device specs with the side-by-side comparison tool at blackberry.com.
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-24-2007 at 12:39 PM.