I got my 8700g last week and really like it. But with a 2 year ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Kit Fisto no está en línea Stack level 2

8700g VS 8800 Please advise

Advertisement

I got my 8700g last week and really like it.
    But with a 2 year contract I really want all the bells and whistles

So im thinking about going back and spending another $100 up upgrade to a 8800

Now I need you 8800 owners to help persuade me.
    From what I gather the diffrences are
    8800 has GPS
    8800 has a slightly better web browser.
    8800 have longer battery life.
    8800 had media player

Ok what else does it have that the 8700g don`t is there wi fi with the 8800?

Please help stackers.
    I did a lot of reading on the forums before posting this,but im still in the dark here,please tell me of what I am missing.

MTFBWY

~Kit Fisto~
    Last edited by Kit Fisto; 05-24-2007 at 01:00 AM.
    Star Wars fans untie at the Jediarchives forums
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8700g VS 8800 Please advise

I would stick with the 8700 until the 8300 "curve" is out. 8800's keyboard suck and battery life is greatly reduced when you use the gps.

Kit Fisto no está en línea Stack level 2

What about wi fi?
    What about its browser is it better then the 8700

I only have 28 days to bring it back and I don`t think Tmo will have the "curve" by then.
    I was the best BB tmo has
    Star Wars fans untie at the Jediarchives forums
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

no wifi. You can compare the phones here.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...&products=101&

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Definitely make use of the device comparison tool on Blackberry.com. It's really underutilized and I don't understand why. Doesn't everyone start with the manufacturer's site for specs when researching anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    8800's keyboard suck and battery life is greatly reduced when you use the gps.
    The keyboard's really a matter of personal preference. What sucks for one might not for another. I actually prefer the 8800's keyboard now (though I'd switch to the 8300 if it had GPS).

As for the 8800's GPS you're not forced to use it and if you are using it in a car you can always connect a car charger. I've never had problems with it and I've used it on my 8800 quite a bit while traveling.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-24-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A

On the 8800 keyboard, I have gotten used to it and quite like it now. I am really tired of Bonnie Cha and the dufuses at CNET using something for 10 min and then making sweeping statements. If these people actually used these devices for a few days instead of minutes, they would write a lot better reviews and provide useful information instead of misinformation that then gets quoted and repeated everywhere. I think this has happened with the reviews of the 8800 keyboard. One person reviews the 8800 and hates the keyboard. Then all of these people who have never tried the device chime in and start telling everyone about how awful it is. Try it yourself for a few days and see how YOU feel. It is the only way to really know. I like the keyboard and I know I am not alone.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i went to an 88 from an 87 for the bells and whistles, as others have said keyboard is highly emotive subject with lovers and haters. I am in the latter and now back on an 87 series. I prefer that the 87 is or at least appears more rugged or less fragile, as I work out on site and do a lot of sports that's a big plus for me. It comes down to your needs and expectations(and finger size) IMHO if you want a messaging and voice device 87 is for you, if bells whistles and looks are just as important 88 is your baby ........ Until your carrier gets 83 and that would be a happy medium, hope this helps

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg
    no wifi. You can compare the phones here.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...3&products=101&
    I am shocked that the 8800 actually weighs MORE (granted very slightly) than the 8700 considering that most of the dimensions of the 8800 are smaller.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.