Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thank you everyone for your input. With the new 8830/8300 news today, things just got ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8100 vs. 8800 again.

Advertisement

Thank you everyone for your input. With the new 8830/8300 news today, things just got more complicated.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Your 4 week timeframe is going to eliminate the option of future devices. They're going to be released much further down the road. There's always something better down the pipeline but if it isn't released or even officially announced, I wouldn't consider it a viable option.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah, if you wait for the next one you'll wait forever. I think the choice should be based on size primarily, not Suretype (I have the 8100 and like it). By that I mean larger screensize of the 8800 vs the small pocket size of the 8100. Look at pages on both and see what you think. Put them in your pocket and see what you like.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Ditto on not waiting. Is a waste of time and you'll only have the latest and greatest for a few months tops so unless you want to upgrade every few months you might want to settle on something now. I can only repeat what's been said above but I would go with whatever feels good in your hand. I like the 8800 more than the Pearl but not by too much. The bigger screen and qwerty put it over the top for me but I do miss the camera and form factor of the Perl. However, the build in GPS on the 8800 is the cherry on the cake.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: 8100 vs. 8800 again.

The 8800 is my 6th blackberry and I have to say I really LOVE this device. The Pearl is an awesome device but how often do you really use a camera on your cell phone? I used the 7100 for a while and once I got my 8700 I swore I would never give up a full keyboard again! I've heard no one make mention the phone quality of the 8800. I have to say the 8800 has the best phone quality of any cell I have ever owned! Then to top it off the speaker phone is amazing. Everyone tells me they can't tell I am talking on a speaker phone. So the 8800 with full keyboard, cell quality, GPS and screen size it gets my vote!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i take pics ALL the time and so do some of my bb friends (you know who you are )...we photo blog our whole day to each other personally i won't buy another bb unless it has a camera...i absolutely LOVE the aspect that i can get 'most' things on *film* whenever i want

i don't mind the suretype although i will say with heavy txting that my hands do cramp up...but just wonder, it will probably be the same with an 88XX.

ton80 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had a 7230, 7290, 7100, 8700, 8100 and an 8800. The BB sitting in front of me now is the 8100 Pearl. I got the 8100 back in December and love it. After how much I hated the 7100 I never would have expected to like using the suretype on an 8100. Its not perfect, but it is growing on me. I have been using QWERTY models for over 2 years and the pearl for only a little more than 2 months.
    The 8800 on the other had just grew to annoy me. It is too big. Yes it is thin, but it is taller than an 8700 and at least as wide. The 8800 still feels to big when used as a phone and I could only recommend it when used with a bluetooth headset. Also the 8800's keyboard stinks. The Cingular 8800's keys are too small and not easy to read. QWERTY keybaords have gone seriously downhill since the 7290's.
    I can type one handed on the 8100 and even with my big hands i find it easier than using the 8800's. i also dont understand why they only put one side button on an 8800. the lack of that second button was a big annoyance for me. On my 8100 one is set for voice dialing and the other is set to the application switcher. I dont need a dedicated button for the camera as it is a cool extra and not a mandatory feature for me. With this setup i can use the 8100 left handed while doing something else with me right. Despite my complaing I really did like the 8800 for the five days i used it, but I made a point today to get my 8100 resetup. For my users I will only order 8800's unless I am asked to get a pearl, but for me the pearl is the best current BB.

domjon84 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would go with the 8800 if it was my first blackberry. I am sure the pearl is a good choice but when trying to get the experience if a blackberry you need the full experience and I think most stackers would agree when we started there was no suretype, no camera, no expandable memory(although very greatful), and pretty much what you have is a great device that will outperform any other smartphone on the market. So go with the 8800 and experince what the full qwerty has to offer!!!
    Dominick R. Jones
    ALLTEL
    WC
    Domjon84@yahoo.com

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

My $0.02?
    I have the 8100, my GF new with the 8800. I went for travel ease, using it as a primary cell phone with awesome data/email and pda capabilities. It slips in my pocket at work, out on the town, on the ski slopes or anywhere. Even in the "ipod" pocket on my camelback. Small and tough, I can bing it in the backcountry. External GPS ain't so bad...
    The 8800 has built in GPS and a better screen. My GF who has a little issue with directions, will use the big screen/GPS to make the 8800 into a great navigator, she carries a puse so has room, and will need a bigger viewing screen to sell/manage realestate online services. Blue tooth will mean she doesn't even have to hold the larger phone in her smaller (very small) hands.

So look into yer needs...

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

After only about 6 weeks of the 8100 I was so into the whole bb thing I had to go all the way and get the 8800. So far its much better. I love the full keyboard and bigger screen. I havent used the GPS yet but its a fair trade for the camera in my opinion. I also feel for whatever reason the 8800 is much louder than the 8100 when playing mp3 and ringtones along with louder call volume. I even drilled my 8100 cover and that helped but the 8800 has alot more volume. I kept both phones just to be sure I wouldnt change my mind. I dont see the sim card going back in the 8100 anytime soon.

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002

I don't have my 8800 yet, but I will tomorrow. I have a 7100i right now and the one thing I HATE about it is suretype....I have mis-typed so many things from not paying enough attention to it.

The past week or 2 I have really wanted to get rid of Nextel because of all of the problems and I had to decide between the 8100 and 8800. I do like the camera feature of the 8100, but do I really need a camera on my phone? No. That is what a camera is for. I also have a camera on my other phone that I carry, so I don't need 2.

I also have GPS on my 7100i and use it multiple times every day. I travel between 15 stores and that helps me to get where I need to get fast. Blackberry maps is ok, but Telenav is awesome!

The one thing that really closed the deal was the full qwerty keyboard vs. suretype. If you pay full attention to what you are typing then it should be fine, but for me I am usually doing 5 other things at the same time and can't/don't devote my full attention to my blackberry.

mokozi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B88F5

i'm on 8800 and my colleague sitting next to me is using a Pearl... both are great! as to which is better it's subjective, all about individual preference and needs i guess...

only gripes are about these 2 great handhelds are:
    1) 8800: unable to change the trackball colour (damn!)
    2) pearl: my colleague's suretype has trouble keeping up with my qwerty on BB messenger LOL
    "my sleep has been arrested, leaving me awake and frustrated.
    with my mind's constant racing thoughts, even counting sheep is all for naught..."

Mark "Mokozi" Chionh
    (-_-")PIN: 205B88F5

johnfr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3018B884

I have the Verizon 8830 and my media player volume is superb, however my ringtone volume is so low, I have yet to answer an incoming call on time. Is anyone else having this issue? I just went from the 7130e which was pleasantly loud to where I now need to bring my dog with me so I know my phone is ringing.

please help...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073

Now my 8100 Pearl has been droppped and thrown and no damage to the phone itself and it still works.
    This was true until about 3 weeks after I posted that comment LOL I had to get a new Pearl shipped to me. I also now have a scratch on the screen of the NEW Pearl. GRRRRRR LOL

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I'm on the 8800 now and its great. I had the 8100. I told myself I would'n go for the 8800 until my 8100 dies. A week after the 8800 came out, I "accidently" dropped it in a bucket of paint. Lol! I don't really use the camera on the 8100. I rarely use the gps in the 8800. But I rather know where I'm going than to take pics of places when I'm lost. As far as the keyboard goes. I type faster on suretype if I don't make a mistake. To correct suretype mistakes is a killer to some. Its great for quick replies for email or txt. I'm no rookie to big units. I'm a former treo (600, 650, 700) user. Size doesn't bother me. I also owned the samsung ip-830 from sprint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast