Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cccc send it over to reemkick @gmail.com ill take it out for a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

reemberry no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 4.2 8700 update

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cccc send it over to reemkick @gmail.com ill take it out for a spin. Thanks!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

CCCC,

Not to be the bearer of bad news, however I would highly reconsider distributing a copy of an Operating System that has not been publicly released by RIM, as there are MAJOR legal (criminal and civil) consequences that can result from doing so (something about the international intellectual law statues prohibit software that is not publicly available being distributed by individuals).

RIM isn't the music industries, who rarely go after individuals who "share" products, as we have had this happen before on this board and RIM immediately intervened.

Like I said, not trying to be a bearer of bad news or anything of that nature, just want you to realize what legal rights and repercussions RIM has since they are technically the owners of the OS and it is not a public released OS.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

acramprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24267b35

i to would love to try this
    acramprat@hotmail.com

jonno no está en línea Stack level 2

I'll take a copy cccc. I would PM you but apparently I don't have enough posts on this forum yet.

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification

cccc - What happened to your admission that you do not have the 4.2 software? You know the admission I'm referring to ... the one you just deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by cccc
    yeah, admins told me i cant express what OS i have on my 8700g, so i respected that....and deleted anything that couldve been read and mistaken?
    You mean 'read and understood', for what it's worth.

Your admission that, in fact, you do not have this software is what you deleted. Nothing mistaken about that.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    You mean 'read and understood', for what it's worth.

Your admission that, in fact, you do not have this software is what you deleted. Nothing mistaken about that.
    I know for a fact that cccc does actually have this software, and there is no need for me to believe otherwise considering the conversations we have had.

When I read his response after he realized what was going on, I saw the "humor" in what he posted and how.

He obviously didn't know the consequences that could come along with distributing such software, and I was simply letting him know so he didn't accidently and unknowingly find himself in a major bind, which unfortunately has happened to others before who were not aware of the rights behind software laws.

Just wanted to pop in on cccc's defense here. Now back to the stacks!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I know for a fact that cccc does actually have this software, and there is no need for me to believe otherwise considering the conversations we have had.

When I read his response after he realized what was going on, I saw the "humor" in what he posted and how.

He obviously didn't know the consequences that could come along with distributing such software, and I was simply letting him know so he didn't accidently and unknowingly find himself in a major bind, which unfortunately has happened to others before who were not aware of the rights behind software laws.

Just wanted to pop in on cccc's defense here. Now back to the stacks!
    N8DBB - Your point is well taken. The humor(?) you refer to must've been lost on me, however. CCCC did, in fact, post a specific admission that he did not have the 4.2 software within this thread and then, conveniently, deleted that post. That just created alot of 'smoke' for whatever reason.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    The humor(?) you refer to must've been lost on me, however. CCCC did, in fact, post a specific admission that he did not have the 4.2 software within this thread and then, conveniently, deleted that post. That just created alot of 'smoke' for whatever reason.
    I understand where you are coming from.

I think it kinda freaked him out not realizing what could happen if RIM got wind of the OS being distributed, so he pretty much was like "Um...No! I don't have it! I don't know what you are talking about!" if that makes any sense.

Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks Jade...it all makes sense to me. We live the the great PX. Marketing is everything. The last dime is rung out of the consumer's pocket then the next big thing is introduced. I'ts the American Way!
    Cordially,

Jobsdone

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: 4.2 8700 update

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sad to say this but I'm not waiting for the 4.2 for the 8700 anymore. I'm waiting for the 8800 now.
    Same here!!

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

Anyone out there who was lucky enough to get it,
    Mind sending it over to me?
    spark1972@yahoo.com
    I would greatly appreciate that.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    I agree with you whole heartedly pequero! They should have released it with all the capabilities being supported by the Operating System!
    Huh? It was released with all the capabilities of the operating system. People here are upset because it doesn't have the capabilties of an as-yet-unreleased operating system which definitely isn't the same thing. How can you blame a company for a "deficiency" in their product when it wasn't released with that feature and "might" be supported be a future release (not that RIM has made any such official announcements)?

Surely if getting 4.2 out the door was as easy as people here on this thread seem to think it is (and I'm sure they have no software development experience) then RIM would have already done so.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Takeshi, the short coming was not in the hardware but the software the device has certain capabilities but were not supported by the OS software they released it with. If a device has the capacity to do certain things and you release it with a OS that will not enable those features then the shortcoming is the Producer of the OS software and the software itself. It should have been released with all features enabled by the operating system. It is annoying to pay so much money for a device and find out it is capable of doing so much more than it does because the software does not support certain features that the device is capable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Takeshi, the short coming was not in the hardware but the software the device has certain capabilities but were not supported by the OS software they released it with. If a device has the capacity to do certain things and you release it with a OS that will not enable those features then the shortcoming is the Producer of the OS software and the software itself. It should have been released with all features enabled by the operating system. It is annoying to pay so much money for a device and find out it is capable of doing so much more than it does because the software does not support certain features that the device is capable of doing.
    Doing what you recommend would pit the OS developers against the wireless carriers, unless the additional cost of creating a custom OS to the specs a carrier dictates is passed on to consumers.

There is really no excuse for buyer's remorse with a little resource known as the internet these days. Early adoptors must wear full body armor since they don't seem as respectable when they cry about something they volunteered for.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast