Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 72

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cccc send it over to reemkick @gmail.com ill take it out for a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

  1. #31
    reemberry's Avatar
    reemberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    51

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Advertisement



    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cccc send it over to reemkick @gmail.com ill take it out for a spin. Thanks!

  2. #32
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    CCCC,

    Not to be the bearer of bad news, however I would highly reconsider distributing a copy of an Operating System that has not been publicly released by RIM, as there are MAJOR legal (criminal and civil) consequences that can result from doing so (something about the international intellectual law statues prohibit software that is not publicly available being distributed by individuals).

    RIM isn't the music industries, who rarely go after individuals who "share" products, as we have had this happen before on this board and RIM immediately intervened.

    Like I said, not trying to be a bearer of bad news or anything of that nature, just want you to realize what legal rights and repercussions RIM has since they are technically the owners of the OS and it is not a public released OS.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #33
    acramprat's Avatar
    acramprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    24267b35
    Posts
    5

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    i to would love to try this
    acramprat@hotmail.com

  4. #34
    jonno's Avatar
    jonno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    I'll take a copy cccc. I would PM you but apparently I don't have enough posts on this forum yet.

  5. #35
    backbeat's Avatar
    backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    33

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    cccc - What happened to your admission that you do not have the 4.2 software? You know the admission I'm referring to ... the one you just deleted?

  6. #36
    backbeat's Avatar
    backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    33

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by cccc
    yeah, admins told me i cant express what OS i have on my 8700g, so i respected that....and deleted anything that couldve been read and mistaken?
    You mean 'read and understood', for what it's worth.

    Your admission that, in fact, you do not have this software is what you deleted. Nothing mistaken about that.

  7. #37
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    You mean 'read and understood', for what it's worth.

    Your admission that, in fact, you do not have this software is what you deleted. Nothing mistaken about that.
    I know for a fact that cccc does actually have this software, and there is no need for me to believe otherwise considering the conversations we have had.

    When I read his response after he realized what was going on, I saw the "humor" in what he posted and how.

    He obviously didn't know the consequences that could come along with distributing such software, and I was simply letting him know so he didn't accidently and unknowingly find himself in a major bind, which unfortunately has happened to others before who were not aware of the rights behind software laws.

    Just wanted to pop in on cccc's defense here. Now back to the stacks!

  8. #38
    backbeat's Avatar
    backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    33

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I know for a fact that cccc does actually have this software, and there is no need for me to believe otherwise considering the conversations we have had.

    When I read his response after he realized what was going on, I saw the "humor" in what he posted and how.

    He obviously didn't know the consequences that could come along with distributing such software, and I was simply letting him know so he didn't accidently and unknowingly find himself in a major bind, which unfortunately has happened to others before who were not aware of the rights behind software laws.

    Just wanted to pop in on cccc's defense here. Now back to the stacks!
    N8DBB - Your point is well taken. The humor(?) you refer to must've been lost on me, however. CCCC did, in fact, post a specific admission that he did not have the 4.2 software within this thread and then, conveniently, deleted that post. That just created alot of 'smoke' for whatever reason.

  9. #39
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    The humor(?) you refer to must've been lost on me, however. CCCC did, in fact, post a specific admission that he did not have the 4.2 software within this thread and then, conveniently, deleted that post. That just created alot of 'smoke' for whatever reason.
    I understand where you are coming from.

    I think it kinda freaked him out not realizing what could happen if RIM got wind of the OS being distributed, so he pretty much was like "Um...No! I don't have it! I don't know what you are talking about!" if that makes any sense.

  10. #40
    Jobsdone's Avatar
    Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    60

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Thanks Jade...it all makes sense to me. We live the the great PX. Marketing is everything. The last dime is rung out of the consumer's pocket then the next big thing is introduced. I'ts the American Way!
    Cordially,

    Jobsdone

  11. #41
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sad to say this but I'm not waiting for the 4.2 for the 8700 anymore. I'm waiting for the 8800 now.
    Same here!!

  12. #42
    nabitheking's Avatar
    nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    3047E391
    Posts
    141

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Anyone out there who was lucky enough to get it,
    Mind sending it over to me?
    spark1972@yahoo.com
    I would greatly appreciate that.

  13. #43
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    I agree with you whole heartedly pequero! They should have released it with all the capabilities being supported by the Operating System!
    Huh? It was released with all the capabilities of the operating system. People here are upset because it doesn't have the capabilties of an as-yet-unreleased operating system which definitely isn't the same thing. How can you blame a company for a "deficiency" in their product when it wasn't released with that feature and "might" be supported be a future release (not that RIM has made any such official announcements)?

    Surely if getting 4.2 out the door was as easy as people here on this thread seem to think it is (and I'm sure they have no software development experience) then RIM would have already done so.

  14. #44
    msbrenda64's Avatar
    msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Takeshi, the short coming was not in the hardware but the software the device has certain capabilities but were not supported by the OS software they released it with. If a device has the capacity to do certain things and you release it with a OS that will not enable those features then the shortcoming is the Producer of the OS software and the software itself. It should have been released with all features enabled by the operating system. It is annoying to pay so much money for a device and find out it is capable of doing so much more than it does because the software does not support certain features that the device is capable of doing.

  15. #45
    backbeat's Avatar
    backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    33

    Re: 4.2 8700 update

    Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Takeshi, the short coming was not in the hardware but the software the device has certain capabilities but were not supported by the OS software they released it with. If a device has the capacity to do certain things and you release it with a OS that will not enable those features then the shortcoming is the Producer of the OS software and the software itself. It should have been released with all features enabled by the operating system. It is annoying to pay so much money for a device and find out it is capable of doing so much more than it does because the software does not support certain features that the device is capable of doing.
    Doing what you recommend would pit the OS developers against the wireless carriers, unless the additional cost of creating a custom OS to the specs a carrier dictates is passed on to consumers.

    There is really no excuse for buyer's remorse with a little resource known as the internet these days. Early adoptors must wear full body armor since they don't seem as respectable when they cry about something they volunteered for.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •