Hi, my company has 2 bb's (N 8800 & a 7130g) but both are registered ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gribblewok no está en línea Stack level 1

2 handsets, 1 Account

Advertisement

Hi, my company has 2 bb's (N 8800 & a 7130g) but both are registered to 1 person even though they are to be used by 2 separate employees. How do we associate the PIN & IMEI numbers of one of these to the 2nd person. As it stands we get both employees email on 1 handset and can't suss out how to deregister 1 of the handsets from employee number 1 and then reregister it to employee number 2. Can anyone help? Thanks :?

mobilityguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 2 handsets, 1 Account

Ok.
    So you have two devices. One getting two individuals mail and the other getting one of these individuals mail?

Are you in a BES environment I assume? Do you ahve multiple databases in the environment.

You can assign multiple devices to one person using multiple BES and DBs (especially in a BES/MSDE environ).
    If that one device was active on one bes and assigned to another person on another BES it would then get both of their mail.

If you can provide me some info on your environ I can help out more.

Hi and thanks for your reply. We're actually on BIS and our network provider (Orange UK) seems unable to help us. I'd assumed it would be a case of asking the network provider to change the account details buy they seem to be as clueless as I am about this. If you can assist further I'd be very grateful. Thanks in anticipation....

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If you are on a BIS then there probably is no way to do it without having a second account. A BIS will only handle one device at a time. Each time you change devices you will have to log into the BIS and tell it you have changed to a different BB and give it the pin so it can redirect the messages to the other unit.

Zo.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Exactly. One BES or BIS account per BB. A single BIS account can handle up to 10 email accounts but it can only be tied to one BB. You need another BB data plan for the second BB.

After that, you need to remove the second employee's email account from BIS. Then set up the new BIS account and associate it with the 2nd BB. Then set up the second employee's email under the new BIS account.

OK Guys, thanks for that. We do have 2 data plans so I guess it's back to my service provider to get them to associate each BB with a separate account.