I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either or both of these Email ... General Blackberry forum

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

YouMail vs. PhoneTag

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either or both of these Email transcribing programs? YouMail is free and PhoneTag has a monthly subscription fee.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hello there. I'm mobile right now so I can't get the link for you, but if you click my reviews in my signature you will find one for YouMail with plenty of replies. I use YouMail and I am very happy with it. Check out my review for more info.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I used Youmail and it was really cool---I just got tired of it and it was hard to make my phone revert back to the regular voicemail. You mail didn't want to let go. Kinda like a bad break up!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I have YouMail, I like it...free and no strings. Lots of messages, tunes, funnies, etc.

PIN/ID
    3047D925

Angiebee no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used you mail the option to have different greetings for different callers was great but the transcritption service was AWFUL!!!!! I did not receive one transcription that made any sense.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I like youmail the only bad thing is that you have to manually imput your contacts correct me I ma wrong which would be nice, I have never used phonetag which I belive I read somewhere that you can upload all your contacts which I would really like to try if is true some one using phonetag can you please elaborate on it if it cost or is it free just like youmail?

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    I like youmail the only bad thing is that you have to manually imput your contacts correct me I ma wrong which would be nice, I have never used phonetag which I belive I read somewhere that you can upload all your contacts which I would really like to try if is true some one using phonetag can you please elaborate on it if it cost or is it free just like youmail?

Yep...or they have to call you and #'s get loaded on desktop.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Thanks J. Itsnowornever, regarding your trouble reverting to your default mailbox...did you take advantage of ygr YouMail site to assist you with this? I believe they have a section that addresses how to revert to your default mailbox.

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I tried Youmail I received the voice message through the computer as an audio byte, but could not find how to make the voicemails come as transcribed. Anyone know how to do that? The PhoneTag does transcribe but it is 9.99/month. You CAN download the contact list on PhoneTag (aka Simulscribe...recent name change) which gives better name recognition with transcriptions.