Do you use a different one everyday? Are they just part of an obssessive collection? ... General Blackberry forum

Island3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FFD2A

You folks that own multiple BB's

Advertisement

Do you use a different one everyday?
    Are they just part of an obssessive collection?
    Do you have a work BB, and a weekend BB?
    DO you upgrade and then choose not to sell?
    I'm confused.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: You folks that own multiple BB's

Just one for work and one for personal use. It's best to keep personal stuff off the company BES-connected BB.

Why are you confused? Different people have different needs. Are you just looking for an excuse to have multiple BB's?

eseayen22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F898F0

i think island3r is like me when you see people talking about that they have like 4 BB's......... why???????
    Sean
    2038DD06

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

im sure most are just simply because they just put the old bb in a drawer and forget...

its also nice to have them around for pinstack trouble-shooting purposes and since i build themes for multiple bb's, i like to have them to test the themes on

just me tho...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got one for my wife and she didn't like it and I started using it and fell in love. I got the 8700 and traded my 7105t to a buddy of mine for some accessories and some money. I won a pearl so I opened another line. Using the 8700g for work and my pearl for personal. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when the curve comes out for t-mobile

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My Pearl is for everyday usage. My 7100t is for backup. My 7730 is if neither one of those work. My 950 is just for the heck of it.

I don't even bother mentioning my retired BB's. I have a couple of 7290's and probably a 7230 somewhere. They're handy as emergency backups. I've loaned one to a friend to test out the BB waters in the past when he lost his barebones Nokia...

There are tons of possible reasons why people have multiple BB's.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : You folks that own multiple BB's

I sell those things so have to keep one of each model I support so I do have a 7130e, a 8703e, a 7100i and sold my old 7290 :P
    Only 2 of them are actually activated
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    249FFD2A

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Why are you confused? Different people have different needs. Are you just looking for an excuse to have multiple BB's?
    I'm confused because my BB can do everything. If I got a new one, i would use that for everything (work and personal) too.
    I guess I was wondering if folks really pay for more lines of service just so they can use different gadgets.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have an 8830 upgraded from a 8703. I switched due to the form factor and multimedia. I just have not sold the 8703 yet. I use my bb for personal and work but it stays in the car 75% of the time because I am scared of dropping it or damaging it during a struggle lol

crackie no está en línea Stack level 2

i have 2 bb's, 1 is the 7520 a true workhorse with very minor problems that i use 90% of the time and is used at work. i also have a 7100i that i hate to type on and use it every now and then when i dont feel like being bothered by people from work.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Work gave me a 8700 then upgraded me to the Pearl so I use the 8700 for personal use now. Hoping work gives me the iPhone or Curve for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Island3r
    I'm confused because my BB can do everything. If I got a new one, i would use that for everything (work and personal) too.
    I specifically keep my work and personal stuff separate when it comes to Blackberry. Your BES admin at work has more access to your work BB than you'd think. If privacy matters, keep it off the work BB if it's on their BES.

As an example, PIN's are not sent via the BES. It was widely "known" that PIN's were private since they didn't. A few years ago it turned out that while that was true, BES admins for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (Google it) pulled PIN's of employees for use in a lawsuit. Given that what was "common knowledge" a few years ago was proven wrong, can you really rely on today's common knowledge? Even if you're not doing anything illegal a lot of companies have corporate use policies that prohibit all sorts of things. While they may or may not act upon something personal that they find inappropriate, is it really worth risking your job? Even if that's not the case, do you really want to give them access to your private data (and do you want it stored on their servers and archived on their tape backups)? Just keep that in mind.

If I was self-employed I'd use a single BB for work and personal stuff. Obviously, in that case I'd be sure that my employer was cool with everything on my BB. However, even though my current employer doesn't really care and doesn't enforce any IT Policies via the BES I keep my personal data off of their BB.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-15-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

I own every BB device because of my job...change them whenever I need to...

PIN/ID
    249FFD2A

Well folks, I've come full circle.

Just found out today that I'm getting a 8130 for work. I'll keep the 8100, I just don't know if I'll keep it activated.