Hi all. I'm almost positive this is a lost cause, but I figure I'd ask ... General Blackberry forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Yet another APN question

Advertisement

Hi all.

I'm almost positive this is a lost cause, but I figure I'd ask the experts:
    Although I have an unlimited data plan on my BIS, my carrier considers data transferred through their own servers and not Blackberry's as extra, and charge a steep fee per kilobyte transferred. Quite a rip off, I know.
    Therefore they themselves recommend leaving the adv. options -> TCP settings blank so all your connections are not directed through their GPRS servers and thus being stuck with a large bill. The problem is, that forbids me from using third party apps that connect to the Internet, such as Live Search and Opera Mini.
    Is there any way to force said 3rd party apps to connect using the same method that the BB browser does?

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Yet another APN question

Hello asdf12321! I think the best way for 3rd Party Applications to work is to configure it. Here is the link just incase you need to do some configurations. http://www.pinstack.com/carrier_sett...n_gateway.html
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    If that's the only way then I'm stuck, as I refuse to be robbed further by my carrier.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

asdf, there are carriers that charge $0 to $5, for tethering, can you switch?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

There is one other carrier that offers BB service. I will look into switching at the end of my current contract.