When I bought my Blackberry 8703e (Verizon Wireless), I handed it to my desktop support ... General Blackberry forum

ArtVandelay no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo vs Corporate (Microsoft) E-mail

Advertisement

When I bought my Blackberry 8703e (Verizon Wireless), I handed it to my desktop support guy at work and he configured it so that it would work with our corporate e-mail - we have BES. What I'd like to know and haven't found directly answered in this forum is:

1. Can I still configure it for Yahoo mail?
    2. If so, how will Yahoo mail be distinguished from Corporate mail? Separate app?
    3. If I send an e-mail, how can I be sure it's from my corporate or Yahoo account?
    4. To set up my corporate e-mail, did my desktop support guy use the Blackberry Internet Service login or would he have done something else?
    5. Would creating a new BIS login overwrite anything he did to configure my device?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hi Art.

Yes you can have up to 10 different personal email accounts on your BB. They are set up through your BIS site.

There will be a seperate app on your homescreen, but all messages will initialy go into your messages app.

When you send an email it will show you a "send using" box, you can simply change it to the address you want.

You said he set you up on BES, so that means he did an enterprise activation. The personal email accounts are done through the BIS. Do you have an icon on your homescreen that has that email? If so he did set it up through BIS. BES will not have the email app on the homescreen.

You can create your own BIS, if your company allows. It will not interfere with anything to do with BES.

I hope this helps.

The biggest difference between BES and BIS is BES is for wireless manageablility, where you can pretty much do anything you want without having the BB in your possession. Employers usually control this, but many people individualy also have a BES.

BIS is for personal use, and can have some wireless abilities, but it is merely to recieve your personal email on the go.

Thank you very much. I was able to do it easily and everything's working without a hitch.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    On my 8700 I get a logo for each address. When I put my cursor over the icon, it tells me what address that it is for.

New question:

Now that I've set-up Yahoo, I get all e-mails when I click the "Messages" icon and only Yahoo for the Yahoo Mail icon.

Is it possible to get an icon for my corporate BES messages so that I have a non-Yahoo view? Or is there some other means to achieve the separation? Even if it's just setting up a rule to send Yahoo e-mails to a Yahoo folder which I can't see a way to do.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The Messages app will ALWAYS show ALL messages by default (except in the case of the Zen theme on some models).

Use shortcuts to filter the view of the Messages list.

Press Menu / click wheel --> Search --> Menu / click wheel --> Recall.

This will provide a list of shortcuts. You can edit these or create new shortcuts to suit your needs.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    For more information on this email/message list setup read this thread, Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x).

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles