This thread should be under General Blackberry not the 7200, etc... because it isn't a ... General Blackberry forum

UserInVa no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo Messenger Problem - Anyone else having problems?

Advertisement

This thread should be under General Blackberry not the 7200, etc... because it isn't a device specific problem.

I see there are several threads with this topic, I just haven't seen a solution in any of them. Did I miss it? If so, please direct me.

I have a 7250 with Verizon. I have had major problems logging on to YIM for the last 2 weeks. Clock just keeps turning. Hard re-set and sometimes I can get on sometimes not. The last 2 days when I was able to log on, the IMs I sent were not received. (I called to check)

Any insight to share? Thanks.

I do have the Yahoo service book.

crackie no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Yahoo Messenger Problem - Anyone else having problems?

hello yes im having the same problems as well, i have a nextel 7520 and 7100i, my girlfriend has a nextel 7520 and my friend has a 7100i and where all having problems with yahoo IM. It started about 2 months ago, it takes me about 25 minutes to log in, or sometimes i cant log in at all, i dont get messages or if i do i get every other message. Well i thought i was the only one having problems with this, i tried deleating it out of my service book and applications, then re downloading it but it didnt work. I called bb support and they where no help, they just resend me my service book, i could have done that. Im also looking for a fix for this as well.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~blame yahoo servers. That what it comes down to

well i seem to fixed my bb yahoo problem for now, i backed up my info on the desktop manager and then restored it, it seems to work fine to me and im able to log in and out no problem at all, for how long this will last? who knows. You might want to try that

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have this same login problem on a BB 8100 Pearl from T-Mobile. Hard resets sometimes solve the problem. Sometimes soft resets solve it. I also have the same problem with Google Talk. All of my messages go to the recipient.

Thanks for responding, I sent a question to Yahoo and I'm still waiting to hear from them. I'm pretty convinced it's a Yahoo problem.

fyrcog402 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have talked to a Verizon rep who has had contact with there data engineerwho says its yahoo being so overloaded that they give prioritie to computer log on and phones second. I have had it go on also. I guess you can't complain to a company that gives free service but you don't have to like it either. I guess its time to switch over and aol chat now! Ugh!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I recommend all of you send a request for JiveTalk (support at beejive dot com), you'll never look back. Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Google Talk and ICQ all work flawlessly for me. Do a search on this site for JiveTalk for more info.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have been able to log on to YIM since Friday now. Maybe Yahoo has fixed a problem. I did several things to my BB, but so many others have had problems I doubt anything I did to mine fixed the problem.

mcgowan08, I could switch to another chat service easily enough but getting everyone else to change would be the problem. I chat mostly with people not on a blackberry.

Thanks to all for responding.

well im back to having problems with yahoo im, my 7520 wont log in anymore, my 7100i works fine. the 7520 just keeps saying connecting to yahoo, this goes on for hours, in fact its going on for 12 hours now just cycling tring to log in. ive tried hard reset soft reset and deleating it from address book and even applications, but nothing works. called bb support and they said not there problem i need to contact yahoo, any ideas on this? like i said no problem with 7100i or any other friends bb with this issue.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

All who is having issues with yahoo. I would recommend JiveTalk. I've have been beta testing it ever since the pilot version and I have had nothing but great things to say about it. Great developers that listen and impliment anything and everything suggested to them. Check them out. It's still free while in beta, but I WILL pay for the application when it comes out of beta.

Look for it here. http://beejive.com/

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I finally got mine to work but it is a PITA to restart it after a battery pull. I use JiveTalk but only for ICQ, AIM and MSN. I like it but I don't know if I am willing to pay for it. I have a limited income.