any body when you have data plan if you use the yahoo messenger do you ... General Blackberry forum

khafan no está en línea Stack level 1

yahoo messenger

Advertisement

any body when you have data plan if you use the yahoo messenger do you have to pay for it like sms or not ?

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It uses data, not sms.

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    when you have a data plan you do not need to pay for yahoo messenger, when you do not have data plan, you will have to pay for it.

for example: data plan= instant messaging clients free text.
    no data plan= instant messaging charge for use.
    i hope this helps good luck.

p.s. i have data plan and use instant messaging a lot and i get no charge. without this feature you'll get charges .

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Have to be careful. My friend was with tmobile and she had the data plan while using yahoo instant messager that came on the phone. She didn't understand why she was being over charge for SMS, when she barely text anyone. We called to check on this and a tmo rep said the instant message that comes on the phone uses SMS, even though you have a data plan. It was crazy. I just gave her the link to download from RIM and delete the instant messages that came on the phone. Just to be safe, just use the ones provided by RIM and you'll be fine.