Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My husband and I are using the 8310 Curve blackberry. Mine is thru work so ... General Blackberry forum

chaney12 no está en línea Stack level 1

yahoo messenger?

Advertisement

My husband and I are using the 8310 Curve blackberry. Mine is thru work so Im running on a BES, my husband, is for personnel so he is on a BIS. We are wanting to use teh Yahoo messenger but I was reading on here and found where it said I would have to delete my service books. I cant do that as again, mine is for business purposes. Is there anyother way for us to download the messenger and have it work for us?

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    why do you need to delete your service books?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Start by asking your provider, and for BES your Administrator. There are non-obvious things: e.g. on by previous BB, from T-Mobile, Yahoo Messenger came
    pre-installed -- but it refused to work, and only when I asked did I find out T-Mobile required a monthly fee. There was no mention of it through the handset,
    no error message to that effect.

That was just what I found out on here under searching of yahoo messenger. Do you know of a way this can be achieved with removing the service books?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Who is your service provider?

I've seen in many threads here that Yahoo Messenger doesn't (or isn't supposed to) work with AT&T.

Also, since you're both using BlackBerrys and if your sole purpose for using a messenger client is to communicate with each other, a better option might be to download and use BlackBerry Messenger.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by chaney12 View Post
    That was just what I found out on here under searching of yahoo messenger. Do you know of a way this can be achieved with removing the service books?

I doubt that fiddling with the service books (which usually means: remove and re-send) will be of help.

For a minimal solution, just use the browser on your BlackBerry to connect to

messenger.yahoo.com

You will be able to login and enjoy some rudimentary service. If however you are
    accustomed to the bells and whistles available with YahooMessenger on a laptop or PC, you will be disappointed!

Thank you all for responding! Between my husband and I, we use the BB messenger. But we have friends that use the yahoo and was curious if we could use the Yahoo messenger.

Our service provider is ATT.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Well then, you might have to go with the minimal solution I mentioned...

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Yes RoGro is right, BB Messanger would probly be better, But it is up to the ADMIN of your BES, they can Disable anything they want to on the BB.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by chaney12 View Post
    Thank you all for responding! Between my husband and I, we use the BB messenger. But we have friends that use the yahoo and was curious if we could use the Yahoo messenger.

Our service provider is ATT.
    I've seen where people have been able to get Yahoo Messenger working on their AT&T devices, however it's been said that AT&T doesn't support it.

You might then want to consider Jivetalk. I don't personally use it, but many Stackers do and say nothing but good things about it. It is an all-inclusive messenger client for mobile devices. It's not free, but might be well worth the investment if you do a lot of IMing between your husband and friends. www.beejive.com

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've seen where people have been able to get Yahoo Messenger working on their AT&T devices, however it's been said that AT&T doesn't support it.

You might then want to consider Jivetalk. I don't personally use it, but many Stackers do and say nothing but good things about it. It is an all-inclusive messenger client for mobile devices. It's not free, but might be well worth the investment if you do a lot of IMing between your husband and friends. www.beejive.com

This is a great Idea, but again is limited by what the BES allows, THis is why I am not on our Comapies BES, Even though we have to buy our own devices, if we put them on the BES they get locked down, you can't load any thrid party stuff on them. So the best bet is to talk to the BES first and see what is allowed. Most likey they don't block the Blackberry messanger, but be aware that ALL comunication on a device on a BES is subjuct to being read by the BES admin. So Steamy Husband and wife fun can be viewed by your IT Guy LOL
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    This is a great Idea, but again is limited by what the BES allows, THis is why I am not on our Comapies BES, Even though we have to buy our own devices, if we put them on the BES they get locked down, you can't load any thrid party stuff on them. So the best bet is to talk to the BES first and see what is allowed. Most likey they don't block the Blackberry messanger, but be aware that ALL comunication on a device on a BES is subjuct to being read by the BES admin. So Steamy Husband and wife fun can be viewed by your IT Guy LOL
    lol.....that would be quite disastrous wouldnt it?;.......

Yes, thanks for adding the disclaimer, PDA.

Apparently they don't block BB Messenger since that's what Chaney and hubby are currently using, but they most certainly could and probably would block something like Jivetalk.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Would they block plain old browser traffic to messenger.yahoo.com though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast