I know there was a BB wide email issue over the last few days. But, ... General Blackberry forum

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Yahoo mail issues??

Advertisement

I know there was a BB wide email issue over the last few days. But, it seems everyone's pretty much fixed. However, I'm getting SUPER LONG delay times on my Yahoo mail account. I can log into Yahoo and see the messages there, but they're taking up to hours in some cases for my BB to get them. Is anyone else having this issue? Man, this is PISSING me off to no end. I don't pay an extra $40 a month for this kind of crap.

I've already logged into my BIS and deleted then re-added my Yahoo address. I got the account back in normal time on my screen and the "welcome" message was instant. Yet, there are still messages in my Yahoo inbox not being pushed to my BB.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Yahoo mail issues??

I just received a Yahoo email on my BB about 10 minutes ago without any issues. I didn't seem to suffer the length of the outage as most did the other day. I was only down for about two hours thankfully.

I know you said you re-added your account and got the Welcome message instantly. Either re-send your service books or go into "Change Device" and just re-enter your PIN and IMEI and see if you get all of your emails then.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

RedVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2

My Yahoo mail is spotty too. Even after the issues on Friday....did not have any problems yesterday, but today after 12noon I have not received any Yahoo mail. Oh well...I am sure it will be fixed sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    I just received a Yahoo email on my BB about 10 minutes ago without any issues. I didn't seem to suffer the length of the outage as most did the other day. I was only down for about two hours thankfully.

I know you said you re-added your account and got the Welcome message instantly. Either re-send your service books or go into "Change Device" and just re-enter your PIN and IMEI and see if you get all of your emails then.
    I've sent or the rep sent my Service Books over and over and over again. It's not that I'm NOT getting email. it's that I'm getting it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY delayed.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've had this problem ever since I switched to the beta version of Yahoo mail. Even after switching back, there was a huge delay. The two way sync stopped working too.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I would say that I've had spotty service with my yahoo address ever since I begin using it with my BB.

Though I wouldn't say that the problems happen "often" I do have some brief to very long delays.

I still use my yahoo account for some things but am using gmail for the more important emails. Have never had a problem there.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

I do have this problem periodically, over and beyond BBerry-wide instances... Generally, a mild form of reset, i.e. going into E-Mail Setup and re-entering my Yahoo password, seems to do the trick -- on occasion it has to be repeated a couple of times to overcome hiccups.

Anyway, in cases of urgency I fire up the Blackberry Browser, login into Yahoo! Mail -- with Javascript OFF, mind you, to make it revert to its simple form, and thus have basic but functional access. No bells and whistles, no AJAX miracles and wonders, but I do get to see my email.
    Composing a reply is a bit cumbersome; well, there is a solution to that as well if I have my laptop handy: I hook up the Blackberry [USB cable -- not Bluetooth] and use it as a modem. Yes, it can be done even with my lowly 7105t, modulo a few machinations...with fancier BBs it ought to be possible out-of-the-box.

RedVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Still having a few issues here. Sending and receiving is much better....almost back to normal. The synchronization of deleted items is only working one way though. Progress.

Well yesterday it seemed as if I was going to be good-to-go as Yahoo was delivering fine. But, today I'm experiencing about 30 mnt delay times. Man this sucks so bad.

Well, I just called Sprint's Blackberry Support desk again. After a hold time of about 30 mnts (I was actually dozed off with the call on speaker phone and the elevator music going) I finally got some tard that didn't seem to know what he was doing. I got a lot of "let me put you on hold, some of this terminology for troubleshooting I'm not understanding." So, after a couple of times of that he tells me "they're informing me that there are some outages on the BIS that I wasn't seeing through the site I normally check, and that we are receiving a high call volume on this. Give us 36 hours and call again after that if you're still having problems." I'll give them 24, max, and I'm calling back. Man, this is just the freaking pits.

Ugh,
    I just got flooded with the four test messages I sent at various times. All arrived at 14:18. They were sent at: 14:05, 14:03, 13:24, and 13:08. So, from 13 mnts to 1 hour and 10 mnts. What a crock.
    Last edited by Kilted Bradley; 09-12-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Coffeebibber no está en línea Stack level 1

Got Y! Mail problems here as well. T-Mobile, St. Louis area. Last message I received on my Pearl was at 11:41 AM CST. Scratch that, just got multiple messages in at 3:27 PM CST.