It turns out that there is a software available to easily spy on Blackberries, recording ... General Blackberry forum

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873

wtf is this world coming to?

Advertisement

It turns out that there is a software available to easily spy on Blackberries, recording voice conversations and all messages (emails or SMS text message) that transmit through the portable device. Of course, the software has to be installed by the owner of the Blackberry, but it would not be surprising to find out that someone has found a way to silently auto-install that software on RIM devices. ZDNet reports that RIM isn't concerned: 'Ian Robertson, senior manager of security and research at RIM, said users need not be particularly worried about the capability of FlexiSPY. "While it's the subject of some debate, I don't consider it a virus nor a Trojan, as it does require conscientious effort from the user to load the program," he said. Robertson said an average user that maintains good [gadget] hygiene would never see the software loaded onto their device without their knowledge.'"

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: wtf is this world coming to?

As far as I know, the only way software can be installed silently is from a BES. Can't be done with just an Internet connection.
    JerryD

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

BES...the point is to spy right and control what the phone/device is used for? So it makes sense to me BES can install like that silently.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent
    BES...the point is to spy right and control what the phone/device is used for? So it makes sense to me BES can install like that silently.
    If a company is paying the bills, then they have the right, IMHO, to dictate how the device is used and who actually uses it. They also have the right to monitor the use. I don't consider that spying.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    If a company is paying the bills, then they have the right, IMHO, to dictate how the device is used and who actually uses it. They also have the right to monitor the use. I don't consider that spying.

ok Prez Bush, whatever you want to call it

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

I bet someone just wanted a way to track and on their spouse/significant others :-) lol
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    The company may also have legal obligations (SEC) to record all communications. There could even be a moral obligation for companies to monitor communications. They can be held liable for their employees actions - just like parents can be for their children.

I'm not saying I like it, just what the reality is!
    JerryD

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~prouidly posted via my BB 8800 @ wap.pinstack.com ~

lots of companies have it policies about internet use and I'm use on business computers and they already have legal authority to monitor email communications thru wor computers, so this might fall under that category.

That being said... I don't let my bb out of my sight, aint nuthin' gettin installed on my bb without my knowledge!

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

It is pretty interesting...
    that todays world and in the future everything is and will be tracked somehow... "big brother"...lol
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by toddone
    It is pretty interesting...
    that todays world and in the future everything is and will be tracked somehow... "big brother"...lol
    It is intersting, but not surprising. We're being tracked everyday with credit card purchases, phone calls, ss numbers,emails, and traffic cams. The best idea of living in our world today is that assume if you're not at home in bed someone has you on a camera somewhere.

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    Quote Originally Posted by abaqueen
    I bet someone just wanted a way to track and on their spouse/significant others :-) lol
    Lol I completely agree

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) like others said company already monitor work emails and I'm so its no surprise if your doing something you don't want others to know buy your own BB and you won't have that problem

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by abaqueen

Hello, Dancing Queen... your smile says there might be good reason, after all?