View Poll Results: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Voters
854. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 15.57%
  • No

721 84.43%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

I wouldn't. I hate macs/apple anyways though. But after using the BB 8100 for a ... General Blackberry forum

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Re: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Advertisement

I wouldn't. I hate macs/apple anyways though. But after using the BB 8100 for a few days and seeing the power of it, I will stay with BB for life now. I can't believe I never noticed them before. They trully are amazing. I wouldn't trade this for any other phone, but I would buy a curve.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well since I've got my Pearl I don't want another Phone.

8lackPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECF97

I choose yes! I would sell the iphone, buy my pearl back and pocket the rest of the money! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by 8lackPearl
    I choose yes! I would sell the iphone, buy my pearl back and pocket the rest of the money! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Shrewd...very shrewd!!!LOL!!!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

A number of friends have iPhones, and I've played with them quite a bit. Beautiful user interface, raises the standards - no question. But...

I've been using cell phones for something like 15 years. I love new technology, and I'm a sucker for features and shiny new gadgets. But I've learned that functionality is crucial for something I have to use day in and day out. Much as I like the brower and GUI on the iPhone for web browsing and other functions, in the end the iPhone doesn't fit the same niche for me as my Curve does: supremely functional, convenient and robust in my everyday life.

I think the iPhone is gorgeous, and I'd rather browse the web on an iPhone than on a BB. But that's only a fraction of what I spend my time doing with my PDA/Phone. Most of the time, I'm using it as a phone, email, IM and SMS appliance - and in these respects, I find the BB far more functional than the iPhone. I've used touch screens and tactile keyboards for years - and still find a real keyboard best for email and texting - and especially for phone dialing. I don't mind the virtual keypad / touchscreen for occasional use, but for a dozen calls a day I find it tedious and annoying. With a real keypad, I find it requires less thought, probably because of the tactile response and cues, to simply dial a phone number. Maybe I'd get used to the virtual keypad after a while, but I can say that after 18 months with an MDA, I *never* got used to dialing on a touchscreen with that device.

The iPhone strikes me as delicate, between the glass digitizer and the hard drive, I'd feel the need to baby it far more than I have to coddle my Curve. Also: the iPhone is heavy - and large - and I'll bet that it's far more prone to being dropped or knocked about than a BB is due to weight and size. It's definitely going to warrant more care and caution in everyday use.

Clearly a very personal choice, but for me: the iPhone is really impressive and cool - but I can't see it as something I could grab to use as part of my daily routine. Just requires too much thought and care, and in the end, despite the slick UI, I'd find it far more tedious to use than the Curve.

The iPhone is neat... but for me, it would be an oversized, overly delicate toy -- not an everyday tool. When I got an iPod last year, I opted for a nano instead of the big video iPod, for similar reasons. I wanted something small and discreet that I could through in a pocket or clip to a belt (in a SMALL case). If I had to carry a larger device, along with my personal cell phone / PDA and my work cell phone / PDA, I'd feel like batman with his utility belt on. Really gets silly after a while. The Curve is perfect this way - small enough to stash in a pocket, and when I want to use a case, it's small enough to clip just about anywhere. I suspect that, despite the media player in the Curve, I'll still use my nano for tunes - following similar reasoning above: the nano is just about a perfect device in terms of functionality, convenience and being unobstrusive and intuitive - and does better for me in this respect than the BB does as a music player. But that line of thought is why I couldn't consider the iPhone as a replacement for my Curve, or even for my nano. For me: the iPhone is a very slick, fun and impressive curiosity - but I don't see myself getting one of this model.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

H*** 2 the NO, but I do have a draw full of other phones I'd gladly trade - then give it to my little one...

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

i would not mind playing with it for a few months or so, but apart from a toy, i phone would not be good for work orrientation.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I tried it..NOT A GOOD PLAN AT ALL. Of course I am back now.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

i wouldnt until...maybe generation XV when the security issues are addressed, it has an expandable memory slot, push email, and integrated gps....

oh i have to add, 3rd party software, bluetooth that actually works, a camera above 5mp, and uh...the ability to talk to me and sway me into a 600 + tax expense.

almost forgot to mention, the ability to sync to my outlook, not have to be a slave to itunes, and it not being an exclusive phone to at&t.

oh and from experience the last requirement.....when "all" of the youtube content actually works as much as they say it does. last i checked....augustana, nina simone, david gray, tiger army, the pogues, no play.

but as most apple enthusiasts ill hope that itll be done with this 1st generation phone on a "firmware" update. right.
    Last edited by littleacorn; 07-31-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Vinmon: Very well put. I've also ha a chance to test the iPhone. I was afraid I'd drop it and break it. My 8700g has met the concrete on many occasions. It's nicked and scratched, but that's only cosmetic. The glass screen and HD would worry me too. I'll wait to see what RIM puts out in the future. I've been haapy so far.

henrynvan no está en línea Stack level 1

No way will i trade for an Iphone even trading with my old bb 7230 which is giving me some os problem now

mrblackberry64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A97D

No way would I trade my blackberry for an iphone. Has anyone in here every tried texting on an iphone its retarded.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by mrblackberry64
    No way would I trade my blackberry for an iphone. Has anyone in here every tried texting on an iphone its retarded.
    my good friend has one and even with the spellcheck it can still get some of the weirdest combos of words. typing in an html address is like having a baby with 24 hrs labor. by the time i got it right i was like, "whatever." and pulled it up on my computer.

IMO, the iphone is great, really it is. its beautifully done but its not exactly my cup of tea.

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

I almost considered it, then i looked at the specs and found no push email? that ended that right there, before we even got into considering the amount of bugs/glitches in first generation devices.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i could never, at first i was thinking about getting an iphone and keep my blackberry as well, but then i realized my blackberry does everything that i need it to do. and it's the best device i've used.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast