View Poll Results: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Voters
854. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 15.57%
  • No

721 84.43%
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would trade in for an iphone if: 1)Someone had a loaded ... General Blackberry forum

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I would trade in for an iphone if:
    1)Someone had a loaded gun to my head
    2)Someone was blackmailing me
    3)The world was on the brink of annhilation from <insert threat> and me getting an iPhone would save it

Otherwise,

No way. Its a world changing phone I agree. But its basically making users accept a locked phone, a new way to control content and the way they want u to use your phone, and create new revenue streams for them (network profit sharing and battery replacement).

This fone won't be nearly as popular in the UK as the USA. We like our phones unlockable just for that reason, just to be unlocked. We also know how to use our smartphones and are wiley when cherry picking our monthly contracts. Also everyone doesn't have internet connection at home because most young people just depend on their mobiles. So at home activation will be very difficult. I know many people who have ipods bought them even if they didn't have a PC. They used their friends PCs.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Not a chance. Sticking with my Blackberry.

But I do wonder if the harddrive will crash on the iphone due to vibration ie running/jogging/excercising with the phone, like the ipod did/does.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    I would trade in for an iphone if:
    1)Someone had a loaded gun to my head
    2)Someone was blackmailing me
    3)The world was on the brink of annhilation from <insert threat> and me getting an iPhone would save it
    LOL. That's a good one!

DWCurt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24F7833C

Have only been with BB for a short while, however when I compare the price of the iPhone with what I paid for the BB (older 7290) that theres no way I'd change. That and I am already so damn dependent on this thing

Pointblank no está en línea Stack level 1

Trade for iPhone
    Sell iPhone on eBay
    Buy BB x2

Yes?

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

other than the "visual" effects of the iPhone, its just a 'glorified' cell phone that can view real websites lol

bb's have more functions and abilities than the iPhone. my BB does more crap than my friends $600 iPhone.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

DWCurt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24F7833C

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank
    Trade for iPhone
    Sell iPhone on eBay
    Buy BB x2

Yes?
    Ain't that the truth!

tj2311111 Guest

Simple answer no. I got to play with one a couple of days ago, one word sick. Funny though I was talking to the representative talking about the iphone and he had a personal BB curve. I asked him would you trade his BB for a iphone, his simple answer was no he loves his curve. Haha. Suprised me coming from a guy trying to sell the iphone, especially when he whipped out his BB curve expected a iphone.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

In the words of Chris Tucker...... never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever !

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

hmmm...for business use nothing beats the BB. for personal use I am a little conflicted. the mp3 player on the BB is adequate at best. the same can be said of its internet browser. this makes me lean towards a device like the iphone but the lack of 3rd party apps is the crusher...until more apps are available for the iphone I would rather get a palm smartphone like the treo for personal use.

davistld01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I voted "no"...but I need to qualify that with "at least not now".

I have thought long and hard about buying an iPhone and selling my Curve, because I think it's a very cool device...but when I hear complaint after complaint on other phone-specific online forums regarding the hassles with the phone activation, the low earpiece/speaker volume, the keyboard, the problems with Safari, and more...I know that I am not about to drop $600 on what seems to be a "beta" version of this device from Apple.

I really love my BlackBerry...but I am purely a personal user, and use BIS only to get my four email addresses "pushed" to me as fast as possible. I really like to be able to access my email wherever I am...and the BlackBerry is "it" when it comes to that. I have also been impressed at how good a mobile phone the 8300 Curve is...when most data-phones are PDA's first and mobile phones a distant second as far as performance goes. I imagine that Apple will either address the major issues with the current rendition of the iPhone with software updates in the next 3-6 months...or simply release "iPhone-2 - The Sequel" in another year with all the "fixes" on it. If that's the case...I can and will gladly wait another year for the best.

Me and my BlackBerry will be just fine with each other until then...

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

No way! I actually had my eye on the curve for a while, but waited until the iphone was released. Suddenly you could get a curve for free thru let's talk/at&t (with a 2 year contract, of course). No regrets

rosko no está en línea Stack level 2

I would trade my BB 7130c for iphone but definitely I would not trade my blackberry curve!

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I hate to say that I actually purchased an iPhone when they came out. There is no argument that the iPhone is very visually pleasing, but after having it for only one week I returned it. I felt like i was unable to to anything. I felt constrained by not being able to add any applications and not being able to customize the iPhone further than to change the wallpaper. I hated it to say the least and I am glad to be back to my BB Pearl.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Not just NO, but H3!! NAH!!!

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast