View Poll Results: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Voters
854. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 15.57%
  • No

721 84.43%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425 LastLast

Originally Posted by ssnxp Just like most accessories, they are cheaper aftermarket anyways. And it ... General Blackberry forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Just like most accessories, they are cheaper aftermarket anyways. And it is completely user replaceable. It just takes much, much more effort.
    Which BB has 3G?

It definitely does not live up to the hype, but it IS game changing.. Manufacturer competition is usually good for consumers.
    -----
    I stated that the battery is not user replaceable because that's how Apple designed it. The fact that hackers in the aftermarket have developed a work around, still does NOT change Apples intent.

And while there is now a way to get the battery out, it's in no way to be confused or compared to the ease with which a BlackBerry owner with no special tools or skills, can simply change their BB battery in mere seconds.

As far as my comment on 3G, the reason that was directed at Apple is because one of their TV commercials touts how great the internet experience is. This is very misleading. They show the iPhone rapidly moving from site to site, something that cannot be duplicated using EDGE & yet they do not disclose that. Nor do they explain that it's only possible using the Wi-Fi connection.

Since the main focus of the iPhone is web surfing & entertainment, the failure to include 3G is proof how shortsighted Apple can be.

You will notice that neither RIM nor any of the BlackBerry carriers, produce misleading commercials.

Nor does the BB require 3G to do the job it was & is intended to do.

Now with that said, I will point out that I'm not bashing Apple as a whole, just their choice to create all this hype & mayhem to mislead the public into thinking that they lead the universe in cutting edge, revolutionary technology. This is simply untrue.

Further proof that I LIKE Apple & some of their products is the _fact_ that I have purhased & used their laptops as my personal computer for over a decade.

Also I am not arguing with you as your points have merit as well. Especially your point about the value of competition. I could not agree more..

Cheers!
    Via BB 8310

teesea no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

I thought I would NEVER give up my 8100 pearl unless it was for the pearl 2 which AT&T has yet to come out with but ..... I decided to give the 8310 curve a try and WOW!! I love the larger screen. The buttons are a little small and close together but I've gotten use to that now and absolutely LOVE it!! I've never even thought about trading one of my BB's for an iphone. I really don't see the big deal in them. They look good BUT .... remember that "Beauty is only skin deep".

mindy28 no está en línea Stack level 1

Had iphone 4 2 weeks, traded 4 a Curve. Slow 2 use touch keypad and my fingers r tiny! I miss some things about it but I won't go back

mz pnut no está en línea Stack level 2

I also had an iPhone for two weeks and couldn't stand it... ran as fast as I could back to the BB! The keyboard was annoying to get used to... and it got kind of boring after the first-day hype. BB foreverrrr!

phirephly no está en línea Stack level 1

No way. The keyboard on the Iphone/Touch is a royal pain. I bought a Touch and hardly use it at all. Internet on Iphone is pointless, it's too slow. I love my sprint Pearl and soon Sprint Curve. And, I'll take a trackball over a touchscreen any day.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym

I would, trade a spare BB i have for an iPhone, i just want a toy phone for a few weeks.

I'd never trade my ONLY BB for an iPhone, it seems like way too much of a toy for me.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Let me think on this one....
    -------
    NOT!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jbee; 03-07-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged.

cookieberry no está en línea Stack level 2

I just returned my Iphone and bought the 8820 coming from a Curve and a Pearl. People, the Iphone is soooooo overrated! You can't get pic mail or forwrd sms. I mean damn folks, not the best idea for the multimedia fanatics. Ok, let me re-phrase, you can get pic mess....BUT you have to log onto viewmymessages.com and try to remember this hedious username and password....OVER it!

Thea1981 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Negative, i already got the ipod touch and i hate typing on it, thats touch enough for me
    Add me on BBM: 21888283
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheaTheMBAGrad
    BLOG:www.theasblog.com

Devices i have: 9700 Bold & HTC HD2

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

shame on those 125 that voted yes! lol
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Why oh Why is BB thinking of making a touch screen phone?? Noooooooooo!!
    BB needs to jump OFF that bandwagon.

CostantinoA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31B71F57
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In my case, I am a Sprint fan and iphone is for att.. Plus come on! BB are better! Right guys?

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I really would like to know what it is about blackberries, that people on here say they would never give it up for anything else... I like my bb..I have an 8800 and a curve..but I don't see what makes them so much better than other devices out there. (Unless you are using BES of course) but for everyone else, there is so much thata GSM blackberry lacks; no 3G!!!!! flash,zooming in and out and viewing attachments a pain in the ***..... If I could have my unlimited data plan on any device I would not own a blackberry... And most likely not an iphone either....
    Just thought I would rant because I'm bitter about the speed on this while browsing right now.

Rukiya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AE24A9

Smile Easy!

Nope.
    Rukiya
    “The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
    Ayn Rand
    Writer and Novelist
    (1905-1982)

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    No, there would be too many stipulations. In as much as there is the "WoW" factor of owning an iphone, the negatives (IMO) would far outweigh the positives. Being on AT&T is one. No MMS, having to be "locked" in to itunes for everything. Having one guy (Jobs) telling me I can't have flash support in my browser because he doesn't like it. It's just too "Orwellian" (big brother) to own one. No thanks....