View Poll Results: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Voters
854. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

133 15.57%
  • No

721 84.43%
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425 LastLast

Haha gunslinger, it's funny that you compare the sidekick to the iPhone. I had both ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Would you trade your BB for an iPhone?

Advertisement

Haha gunslinger, it's funny that you compare the sidekick to the iPhone. I had both until today.

But I missed my curve too much, so I bought a 8310 and unlocked it. Currently using it for my Tmo line and an Iphone for my AT&T line, ditched the Sidekick LX. Honestly, the BB and the iPhone are both GREAT phones. The iPhone is definitely missing out on somethings, but it also excells in others.

The Maps application on the iPhone beats any mapping app on the BB. It just does, it's extremely intuitive and simple to use.

Third party apps.. are good on the iPhone, if you're willing to wait a few days to weeks to upgrade to the newest OS each time one is available. I have the second newest iPhone OS, and I do not plan on upgrading until they release a "Jail Break" for the latest upgrade. For the BB.. the options are endless.

There are a LOT of differences between the 2, obviously, but I think they're 2 whole different animals. It's not really fair to compare apples to oranges. The iPhone is less "professional" based, and delvs deeply into the gadgety side. The SMS sucks and the MMS is non existant. But it does have many, many upsides.

The touch screen.. Oh my GOD the touch screen. This is why some tasks on the iPhone just beat out BBs, straight up. Browsing the internet is awesome. Flipping through pictures feels great. Some of the games developed and being developed for this interface are amazing. Typing is easier on my curve, but the virtual keyboard isn't as bad as I thought it would be at first. I was an iPhone hater before it came out, and I definitely hated the keyboard. After a few days of using it though, it's easy breezy. I still make some mistakes, of course, but the software usually catches them for me. Personally, I think the touch screen is more than just a novelty. Is it necessary? No. But it's revolutionary. It's forcing other companies to push ahead, and competition is usually a good thing for consumers.

Blackberries will always be more reliable. That's what they're made for, it's their niche. I get my emails on time. I get all my text messages. I have control on what I want to delete and keep, and when I want to do it. Don't like an app? Just toss it. It's reliable, period. The iPhone isn't as much so. It isn't flakey or unreliable, it's just not as stable. RIM has been in the cellular game a lot longer than Apple has. However, Apple is learning along the way. There are OS updates every few months, and things are getting better. An SDK is being released in Feburary (most likely) and third party apps will finally be legit.

I'm sure there are tons of points I missed, but these just popped in my head. The iPhone isn't as bad as haters would want you to believe, but it isn't as great as the Apple fanboys would flaunt, either. Would I trade my BB for an iPhone? I don't need to. I honestly don't know which I would choose to keep, if it came down to it. And I hope I never have to find out.

My name is Tim, and I'm cheating on my Blackberry. But she doesn't really mind. Hell, she likes watching.

EDIT: I just realized how long that was, and the fact that very few people will ever see it due to how far into this thread we are. Oh well! It's late.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-22-2008 at 04:22 AM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    My name is Tim, and I'm cheating on my Blackberry. But she doesn't really mind. Hell, she likes watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    EDIT: I just realized how long that was, and the fact that very few people will ever see it due to how far into this thread we are. Oh well! It's late.
    Oh..I saw it.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

blaqqmuzyk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20D062C8

You'd have to be crazy to trade for an iphone.

BogeyOnYo6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Not in a million years. If it were my personal phone, sure, but mine is for business and I need it to do a business-like job. Take a look at cio.com and search for 10 Reasons IT Should Not Support the Apple iPhone.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I just had to see what the 10 reasons were, so here's the link for anyone that feels like being entertained.....

10 Reasons

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Nope! Never! Will will Happen!

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

I think I just bricked my iPhone..

Too bad there isn't a community as helpful as this for iPhone users, /sigh.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-24-2008 at 11:55 PM.

annapink15 no está en línea Stack level 3

i would if the iphone was unlocked.. then id jus sell phone and get another bb haha wooot! n have some cash left over for gas

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

no thanks i like my 8800 besides i get envy from iphone users the gps is so worth it

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I would never trade my Blackberry for an iphone but I have to admit to being attracted to it. If I was rich I would buy one to play with it but as it stands it's simply out of my price range for buying what would amount to a very expensive toy in my opinion.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

heh he i saw an indirect at the mall the other day it wass coll for about 2 seconds im like meh he had me checking out and toolin his laptop

wlanboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Get never addicted to the iPhone. I do have a iPds, i do have a MacBook, but my 8100 is just the way i want wo manage my mail and tasks. Can't figure out a way it can work better :-)

atownlatino05 no está en línea Stack level 1

**** no!

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Nah, I'm good. I hear about way too many problems with the iPhone.

tommy.heath no está en línea Stack level 2

Nope! Dont like the touch keyboard or the problems my friends keep running into with em.