I was given a new blackberry 8700C at my job. My work email comes directly ... General Blackberry forum

butchgal no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Work Monitoring

I was given a new blackberry 8700C at my job. My work email comes directly to the blackberry now. I assume they have a BES server.
    When I use my personal email and the internet from the blackberry is this going through the BES server or straight through cingular?
    In other words, can work see what I'm doing with my blackberry online besides my work email?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    T o' Bee

Re: Work Monitoring

Your work can see alot of what youre doing. Internet, sms, mms, pin is all logged. However, your other email accounts are not.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

But at the same time, if the IT Policy is set to do so, your work can force all outbound email to pass through your corporate email account. Send yourself and email to your BIS account, reply to the message and see what address it comes back from.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (

If your BlackBerry is on a BES, consider that everything you do on your BlackBerry is being logged by the BES.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3

No such thing as a free lunch.....Thats why lots of "execs" carry a BB for data and a Treo or whatever for personal...VIVA BIS!!!!! All the privacy, all the apps, all the themes, yada x3