I have the BB Curve and a 2GB card that I got for t he ... General Blackberry forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Word/Excell Reader

Advertisement

I have the BB Curve and a 2GB card that I got for t he sole purpose of work. I was under the impression that somehow I was going to be able to open and read the Word/Excell files that I saved on my phone, but there is no program to do so.

Because BB is aimed at the professional world, I think that there needs to be a program (I understand that there are 3rd party apps, but come on....we need something affordable....after all we are paying $300 + for the phone) that will enable the opening and saving of these programs onto SD cards.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Word/Excell Reader

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can open and read all types of office document - word, excel, power point and more. They only thing you can't do is edit them!! To be honest I never have time to edit documents so suits me perfectly

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    I have the BB Curve and a 2GB card that I got for t he sole purpose of work. I was under the impression that somehow I was going to be able to open and read the Word/Excell files that I saved on my phone, but there is no program to do so.

Because BB is aimed at the professional world, I think that there needs to be a program (I understand that there are 3rd party apps, but come on....we need something affordable....after all we are paying $300 + for the phone) that will enable the opening and saving of these programs onto SD cards.
    You mention "programs". You can't put excel and word on there, but all the spreadsheets and word doc's' sure. I have about 200MB worth of files on my SD card for my Pearl, email and open them all the Time. Are you familiar with the mass storage mode? If not, just give a shout, or PM me and I'll walk you through.

Good luck!

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ are there any programs like this - Word/Excell Reader for the blackberry 8700? And if yes where do I go to download them? And I'm also looking for games, games games...

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I use the trial version of GridMagic to review spreadsheets and to create temporary ones. If I needed to edit spreadsheets I'd purchase a license.

Dynoplex makes eOffice, an office suite for the Blackberry, but its very expensive and does NOT work as advertised. I removed it and banned it from my company.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Like many, I await the release of Documents to Go for BlackBerry from DataViz.
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...rry/index.html

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Amen Flashman,
    Documents to go is your one stop shop for all your office needs. Had it on my TMO MDA and loved it. Can't wait to see the BB edition.

Sasha from what your explaining your needs to be you should jump in line with the rest of us. Otherwise i think the rest of the 3rd party apps suck. IMO

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

How do i saave them to me sd card todd? i will pm You when i get into my office

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Eventhough I like the full keyboard on my BB I could not imagine editing whole documents on my phone. At this point I am fine with just reading them.

SunComp no está en línea Stack level 1

jmarley no está en línea Stack level 2

when i hook my BB up to the desktop, it asks me about mass storage mode, and i was always told to hit no when i want to add songs. so far the songs go on fine. but what does mass storage mode mean? would i need to click "yes" in order to save word and excel files?