I need software which will let me view Microsoft Word .doc files on my 8800. ... General Blackberry forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

Word document viewer needed for 8800

Advertisement

I need software which will let me view Microsoft Word .doc files on my 8800. I don't need to edit, format, etc. Right now all I need to do is be able to see them without having to convert them, etc. And, I don't want to pay an arm a a leg to do this.

I have tried eWord and it keeps telling me I have to convert the file. I tried BeamBerry and it tells me my IT policy won't let it go outside the firewall. Problem is, I don't have an IT policy that I can see on the phone. However, under Security I have the firewall enabled and it has a lock symbol next to it and I can't seem to unlock it.

Any suggestions?

Mark
    Last edited by bshpmark; 07-13-2007 at 04:49 PM.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: Word document viewer needed for 8800

If you're ona BES you should have the ability to view attachments. Once in the email click the wheel and scroll toward the vottom of the list and there should be an option that says Open Attachment. Are you able to view other attachments?

I am not on BES only BIS. What I need to be able to do is to copy Word files from my PC at work to my 8800 so that later, while on patrol I can view the files if need be. They are intelligence files. I have a computer in my car as well so I also have the files there that I can view. However, there have been several times when I was in a situation where I was away from the car and would have liked to have had the files available on my BB 8800.

I created a directory on the deivce called Intel and copied three test files into it. But I have no way to view the test files. If I can get something to work, I want to put on the files on a 2gig memory card.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

bshpmark: I too have your situation and am interested in seeing replies to your request.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~to get the basic information (sans formatting) cut-n-paste the word docs into MemoPad files. It ain't great but you at least have the words and paragraphs and can sectionalize by using different files and naming them appropriately so you can quickly locate them by typing out the first few letters in each word of the title.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by bshpmark
    Problem is, I don't have an IT policy that I can see on the phone. However, under Security I have the firewall enabled and it has a lock symbol next to it and I can't seem to unlock it.
    You definitely have an IT policy in place. What does it say Options->Security Options->General Settings->IT Policy Name?

The BB firewall isn't your problem. The firewall mentioned above is your company's firewall. However, you said that your BB isn't on a BES. Was it previously on a BES? Did you get it used or as a replacement from your carrier? It probably has an IT policy from the previous owner.

IIRC you need a third party app for viewing Office files on a BB if you're not on BES.

I cannot find an IT Policy Name anywhere under any setting.

As for what I have done to meet my need - I have switched back to my Dash running WM6 and Office Mobile. I can read the Word docs just fine without any problem at all. No cutting and pasteing. Copy the file from my PC to my storage card and read it.

Looks like the 8800 goes to eBay.

delatongaf no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am also interested in this topic. I badly need such application that can view my ms office docsm