I'm not sure if this is a device specific question, but I don't think it ... General Blackberry forum

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7

Won't Backup

Advertisement

I'm not sure if this is a device specific question, but I don't think it is. I have an 8310 with AT&T and I am running the .69 beta with DM 4.6. Ok, so my problem is when I try to back up my device, it gets hung up at Browser Data Cache and shows an error simply saying "error backing up database(s)." Is there anyway to fix this problem? Should I just downgrade back to 4.5?
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    It's not your OS, it seems like some how the database for your Browser Data Cache is corrupt.

I would first try to clear your Browser Cache then try again. If that doesn't work then I would try to delete the database itself via the Backup/Restore Advanced button. If you still can't backup...you may have to go the route of wiping your BB.

Then finding a backup that is not corrupt.

This happened to me a while ago. I decided to wipe EVERYTHING. I completely wiped the device and for the PC I uninstalled and reinstalled DM and OS. Started fresh. Once I got rid of the corrupt databases it has worked flawless since.
    Last edited by reddog187; 08-27-2008 at 11:46 PM.

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm getting the same message. Same phone, samne software, same carrier, same DM. Weird. Well I guess it's not device specific then. Must be the OS or the DM. Somebody knows a fix. We would sure appreciate some help on this. Backups are sooooo important (as all you berryheads are well aware of...).

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks Reddog

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I meant to post that I had cleared the cache, sorry I forgot that detail. But that didn't help, how do I backup just my address book? I don't care if I lose anything else, I just need that because I've got tons that aren't on my SIM card...
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by BkLady388 View Post
    Thanks Reddog
    Anytime...let me know if you need any more help.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    So I finally got around to fixing the issue. I was really worried about not being able to backup my data so I went to advanced and backed up only certain databases (phonebooks, browser bookmarks, what I needed) and since that worked those couldn't have been the corrupt databases so I proceeded to wipe the device. Then I reinstalled my apps and restored it to my last safest backup (not the one I just mentioned...). THEN, once that was done I also restored the backup I did before the wipe. All went well. I created a backup once I was done just to test it and VIOLA!!! All good! Thanks again reddog. I hope this helps someone else!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Yeah, I would do that, but w/ my comp crashing I no longer have .69 and I would rather just hold out till officials from AT&T... If they EVER release them!