wen the hell will anything b available to use it for??? lol kinda sucks having ... General Blackberry forum

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c

wireless upgrade

Advertisement

wen the hell will anything b available to use it for??? lol kinda sucks having it and theres not even one piece of anything that it could b used for, lol

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you're talking about upgrading the handheld OS wirelessly, it'd take too long and you'd still have to have it on your P-C for Desktop Manager to be effective. It really doesn't make sense to do it.

If you're not talking about that, never mind.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    lol nah black, im def updated wit erbody else, im talking about like any toher ways to use it since we have it, lol

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think I'm following you but there are a bunch of themes, other software and programs that can be downloaded OTA (over the air) - your statement, "..ways to use it since we have it..." - I guess I don't know what "it" you're talking about...but that's ok.

Keep on stacking.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    i kno about the countless OTA's out there, im talking about the use of it since they put it in OS 4.5, plz do believe i stay stacking, lol

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am pretty sure that the new OS - 4.6 - permits OTA updates.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    When/if this feature works from the BB it will probably provide stability updates or updates within the version your running. Maybe like 4.5.0.81 to 4.5.0.83 or something like that. Maybe not a complete upgeade but like a mini update like all those little windows updates. I'm not sure how they'd push a whole OS down.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually, that does make more sense, but 4.6 is so new that only time will tell. Apparently some little icon or something will light up when an upgrade is available. I am sure it won't apply to Beta versions

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    When/if this feature works from the BB it will probably provide stability updates or updates within the version your running. Maybe like 4.5.0.81 to 4.5.0.83 or something like that. Maybe not a complete upgeade but like a mini update like all those little windows updates. I'm not sure how they'd push a whole OS down.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    Actually, that does make more sense, but 4.6 is so new that only time will tell. Apparently some little icon or something will light up when an upgrade is available. I am sure it won't apply to Beta versions
    Also, I 'm under the impression that 4.6 won't be available for the curve, so that would make the OS wireless update feature completely irrelevant.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    From my understanding of the features list that was posted months back. OTA updates will only be available for those on a BES and will be pushed by the IT through the BES to the unit.

Zo