Has anyone every used a wireless keyboard with their Pearl? I have a wireless keyboard ... General Blackberry forum

wwilson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wireless Keyboard? External Speakers?

Advertisement

Has anyone every used a wireless keyboard with their Pearl? I have a wireless keyboard for my Palm T5 but never tried it with my Pearl.

Has anyone seen a speaker hookup for the Pearl like they make with the Ipods? That would be pretty cool to play mp3s.

love_this no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Wireless Keyboard? External Speakers?

I use the Bluetooth Stowaway Shasta keyboard with no problems. The only annoying thing is that you can only connect one BT device at a time.

I discovered this when I tried to use my old Motorola BT headset and the connection kept dropping. I have to REMOVE the BT keyboard before I can use a BT headset. After a few times, it's not that big a deal but something I have learned to live with.

I got the keyboard because I truly hate the Pearl "keyboard". With the external keyboard, emails are much easier to compose.

Of course, your mileage may vary. For now, I am happy with the keyboard.
    Last edited by love_this; 02-14-2007 at 02:45 PM.

doophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E29EB7

I would think that even the ones you use for an Ipod would work for the Pearl IF you can find the right adapter. That should be as easy as a trip to Radio Shack!

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Using the radio shack adapter you can hook up your pearl to a regular stereo with a line in input
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

I have the Seidio 2.5 - 3.5 mm adapter which works great with stereo headsets. But it only outputs mono to one speaker when I connect to PC speakers or my stereo.

Do you really have a Radio Shack adapter that works?

otter5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Radioshack adapters dont work. I bought a pair of Virgin mobile headphones for the Slider at BestBuy and it came with a detachable adapter thing and with headphones was only 7.99. I currently use my iPod headphones with that adapter

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Quote Originally Posted by otter5
    Radioshack adapters dont work. I bought a pair of Virgin mobile headphones for the Slider at BestBuy and it came with a detachable adapter thing and with headphones was only 7.99. I currently use my iPod headphones with that adapter
    Can you give more detail about that? Sounds interesting and something I may be interested in buying.

otter5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Heres a link to it on Virgin Mobile's site
    http://www.virginmobileusa.com/phone...5C&cost=$19.99
    And basically there is a cable that fits into your phone but on the control pad you can slip in any pair of 3.5mm headphones...I know I can't explain it well but I can take some pictures later and put them up it that will help

kauainurse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    none
    I would love to have a portable, wireless, collapsable keyboard like the one I use to have for my HTC, BUT for my iphone! Why has this not appeared yet? I despise typing on the iphone.
    Saving a life one client at a time with a trusty gadget by my side!

Veronica S.