Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm looking into purchasing a Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Booster (Cingular/Verizon) from TigerDirect. I have ... General Blackberry forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Wireless Cell Phone Boosters

Advertisement

I'm looking into purchasing a Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Booster (Cingular/Verizon) from TigerDirect.

I have a few questions about these before I pull the trigger.

First of all let me start by saying that I have installed one of these before at an old job. The thing just didn't work. So I'm hoping these newer version are better.

1. Has anyone had first hand expereince with these types of Wireless Boosters that can confirm to me that they do in fact work?

2. I have an 8700c and my girlfriend has a Pantech C300. The 8700c works on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz - Quad-band for international compatability and the Pantech C300 works on Tri-band world phone - 850/1800/1900 MHz. Will the YX500-CEL work for these phones?

3. There is another model (YX500-PCS) for the 1900MHz range. When do Cingular phones switch to the 1900MHz frequency vs the 850MHz frequency?

Appreciate any help on this one.

Once I pull the trigger on this I'll make sure to write up a nice review.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Re: Wireless Cell Phone Boosters

looks like a bunch of hooplah to me

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    looks like a bunch of hooplah to me
    from a technial stand point they should work...
    but i just want to hear from someone that has tried them
    Tiger Direct has a 30 guarentee so i can return it if i want to

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

hey i bought one and i was using nextel with it, so am selling the one i have... its the same thing you are wanting to buy... let me know if you are interested, i will give it to you for a great price... my friends are the only ones that benefit from it, and yes it works well... but dont really use it for my phone... let me know!

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

apparently cingular phones use either range in a given area depending on what towers are running in that area
    mine has both 850Mhz and 1900Mhz
    according to the cingular support if i install the repeaters for their frequency my cell should pick it because the signal stronger
    they suggested i go for the 1900MHz because it's the better signal

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by hexcr03
    hey i bought one and i was using nextel with it, so am selling the one i have... its the same thing you are wanting to buy... let me know if you are interested, i will give it to you for a great price... my friends are the only ones that benefit from it, and yes it works well... but dont really use it for my phone... let me know!
    what frequency does it run on?

PIN/ID
    24238CA7

we have the CEL one, and also the PCS one which is in our storage unit lol... we bought both because at the time i was on tmobile and my partner was on cingular... we dont use either one though... thought about returning it to wireless extenders.com but its been a few months, so decided against doing that and taking the loss... but if we can sell either and make something off of them... that would be great....

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

we have the CEL one, and also the PCS one which is in our storage unit lol... we bought both because at the time i was on tmobile and my partner was on cingular... we dont use either one though... thought about returning it to wireless extenders.com but its been a few months, so decided against doing that and taking the loss... but if we can sell either and make something off of them... that would be great....
    how much for the PSC version?

PIN/ID
    24238CA7

100 bucks? i dont have the box it came in, but it has all of the accessories.... let me know

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

100 bucks? i dont have the box it came in, but it has all of the accessories.... let me know
    let me think about it
    it's a good deal
    but the upside to gettting it from TigerDirect.com is that i can return it if it doesn't work
    i'll pm you if i decide to go that route..thanks!!!!

PIN/ID
    24238CA7

No prob

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If this works for you, please let us know Digital. I've been considering alternatives like this for awhile.
    Thanks!

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I'll write a complete review, including installation.
    Thanks for your help guys

PIN/ID
    24238CA7

Oh, i will tell a tale of the installation and service..............
    when i first received it (thought i paid way too much for one).... it came in a box with the antenna, about a 20 foot cable, and the extender box thing.... i looked through my attic with my cell phone in hand trying to locate the area where i got the most bars... after i found it i marked it with a pencil and got the antenna and wire and put it in that exact spot.i ran the cable down to my laundry room and placed it in the wall. after plugging it in and mounted the extender (which was also REALLY easy) i found that i had full strength anywhere in front of the unit. so ... my unit faces north toward the living room and kitchen... when i use it the lights blink on the unit to let you know that data is being exchanged. it got excelled reception anywhere in the living room/kitchen.. but once i was in my bedroom the signal was a bit weaker, but still was able to make calls/ text messages/ surf the web.... so it seems like if you are behind the unit verses in front of it, you really get a great signal. as far as problems, eventually you dont really remember that you have it there, you just know that you have a full signal.. also, your friends notice the signal boost when they are in the house, verses on the street or outside and walk in.... its a great unit to have. the only think i honestly dont like is that it has a range that isnt exactly what i want... the range is good in front of the unit as well as the sides, but behind it is where its not great... it might be that i positioned it to only face towards the north, verses putting it to face against a wall so it could allow every area of my home to be able to take advantage... hmmm what else.... i know that it can handle multiple phones at once... i had a party and a lot of people were on their phones and thye all had great reception... so all in all...

UPSIDE: Great reception, easy installation, multiple users can access the device at once
    DOWNSIDE: Price i paid, and weaker signal from behind the unit.
    OVERALL: would recommend to people, but would advice to shop arround to get the best deal.... i paid 300 bucks for this particular one... although it works like it says it does, it was too damn pricey!

PIN/ID
    23D1981A

thanks hexcr03
    i've gone ahead and ordered the PCS version from TigerDirect.com for 239.
    appreciate the offer to sell yours, but i want to be able to send it back to tiger if it doesn't work out....
    after my review hopefully someone will want to purchase yours
    thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast