I'm dying here... Hopefully somebody can help me out!!! I just switched hosted Exchange / ... General Blackberry forum

Samma no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Wireless activation / old emails HELP!!!

Advertisement

I'm dying here... Hopefully somebody can help me out!!!

I just switched hosted Exchange / BES providers and have successfully migrated my users (4! wow!) over to Intermedia.net. 3 of us are Blackberry users and now I need to get everyone hooked up to BES. I decided to test it out on myself, and I'm having issues. Intermedia has been great so far but unfortunately tech support isn't really listening to my question, they're just sending me random KB entries from RIM's website. Here's the deal:

I'm not using the desktop software, I'm doing wireless BES activation. I decided (like the genius I am) to do a security wipe on my 8700 before I hooked it up to the new server, just to keep things clean. Activation went fine, except it only picked up a small handful of the 3700+ emails in my inbox (I know...) and none of the thousands of messages in my 150+ inbox subfolders.

My question is this: How in the heck can I get my old email messages (literally 1000's of them) to show up in my BB in the proper folder?

I've run down the issue of folder redirection and understand what it's for, and turned it on. However, it doesn't do anything to solve my issue of needing my old emails in those folders to come to my BB.

If there isn't a way to do this wirelessly, is there a way to export messages from Exchange/Outlook and import them back into a BB using the desktop software or a third-party product? And no, I didn't back up my handheld databases before I did the security wipe. That would require me not being an idiot. Anyway, I'd love to hear some ideas!!!!

Samma

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Wireless activation / old emails HELP!!!

Welcome to Pinstack. Sorry I do not have an answer. But someone will be along shortly who can help. Of that im sure.

I sure hope so! I've been reading through some old posts, there's some really good stuff here. I'm crossing my fingers!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

You could also talk to our site administrator. His name is Hayden and he just may have an answer for you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Samma, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not the expert on BES, but I think I've read that there is a limit to how many old emails are transfered when doing an Enterprise Activation. Somewhere about 150 or 5 days worth. Not really sure, but one of our BES experts will be along to correct me if I'm wrong. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

That would suck, I've got two years' worth of stuff in there and it's essential that I have all of it in my pocket :cry: If there's a way to manually import the stuff from a PST file or something, that would work fine... I just need to make sure it gets on there!

serviceone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4014cd35

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~now with bes if those emails were based through your old bes and your not the administrater you may never see them

I only want good news! I'm definitely not the admin of my old BES/Exchange environment. If there's something I could ask for from my old admin, let me know what it is... I'm screwed if I can't figure this out

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You are right, this question has been brought up many times. To the best of my knowledge, from experience mostly, the subfolders do not sync with Outlook. What I do is when I get an email on my BB I will move it to the right folder, and the same with Outlook. That is the best solution I have come up with.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Mail in subfolders are only pushed to the Blackberry if you configure it on filters.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

On our BES server there are settings in the Blackberry Server (BES) Properties. Message Pre-population Settings, when setting up a new BB on the server, this is how many messages are brought over to the new BB. By default ours is set to 5 days worth of messages, up to a maximum of 200 messages. You can also choose to Send Headers Only.

I can also access my inbox subfolders that are on our Exchange server. In messages on the BB, Click the wheel in and select view folder. There I can see my subfolders and I don't believe we have anything special setup to view these folders. This will not work for our personal folders though.

Thanks for the advice! I just emailed support to see if they can change the setting for me and let me re-activate. Hopefully they'll do it, not having access to all my old messages is killing me!