Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ How about the fact that "blackberry" is more reputable? If you bust ... General Blackberry forum

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How about the fact that "blackberry" is more reputable? If you bust one out, people know you do work with then, not play around with them.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    How about the fact that "blackberry" is more reputable? If you bust one out, people know you do work with then, not play around with them.
    You are correct in that aspect, although some use their BB for personal use, like me. I'm not working so my BB is all personal use for games, chatting, email, texting, IM, organizer (busy college and personal life), calculator, MP3 player, etc.

ikkoku no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't think the tilt it's a good comparison.. it's apples to oranges sorta...

bb to dash may be a better comparison

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    Quote Originally Posted by ikkoku View Post
    I don't think the tilt it's a good comparison.. it's apples to oranges sorta...

bb to dash may be a better comparison
    Very true, but that's what I have available to me right now.

Actually, I'd be interested in comparing:
    1. BB Curve to Samsung Blackjack II
    2. BB 88xx series to Moto Q.

I think those would be more fair, however, the majority of points I made about what I like on the Tilt will still apply to both the BJ and Q... at least for my purposes.
    -T

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well the only real difference between windows standard and pc is the touch screen right because with windows mobile 6 you can view and edit word and excel on both now ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ikkoku no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    Well the only real difference between windows standard and pc is the touch screen right because with windows mobile 6 you can view and edit word and excel on both now ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I wish that was the only difference.. the whole today/home screen is totally different. and I do not mean the way it looks... but what you can add or do to it.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I have to check myself also since I swap back and forth between a BB and a SideKick. I have put together my own list of pros of each device over the other. And, considering the Pros I came up with just now, I can most likely say I will be switching AGAIN next year.

Granted, both devices are limited and feature the same capabilities at times.

SideKick Over BB:

1) Separate, working AIM, MSN, and Yahoo IM clients.
    I edited that to include the working AIM client on the SK.

kingsham no está en línea Stack level 2
    idk...i have a windows mobile smartphone....cingular3125....it looks cool and when it works i love it. Well the problem with mine is that i bought it used and the back battery cover is messed up so when it gets loose the phone restarts...but as long as its on...its great. Ive played with a few BBs....i like them...alot...but i like that tilt alot to. My cousin has the lil bro to the tilt...the 8525 has had it over a year and it has only crashed twice...idk i like the look of the iphone...i jsut dont want one...and with the touchscreen and TouchFLO i can get close enought to my likings with FreeStyl on the Tilt....so its a great argument...

One complaint i saw with the BBs i played with is that it maybe stable...but there is no eye candy...nothing to show off...the OS looks so stale...like the Palm OS. I have a friend with a 680..never had any problems.... so im tryin to figure out why all these people with WM...Treo...and Some BB cry about device crashes...???

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Well let me say that I like both of them. BB for work and WM for the rest. That's the point I ordered an HTC Touch for WiFi. Damn I wich TMO Germany has more WiFi-fones with a good pricing. Long story short: the Touch works two (yep, you read correct, two) days without any problems. And then I couldn't wake up the device from standby via the normal way. Only with a soft reset. So I returned the device to TMO today. I hope that the next Touch will work a little longer cause I don't want a NOKIA.

My 2ct
    Peter

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have had a plethra of phones(incld 8125Cing, 3125 Cing, Treo 600, 650, 750, Samsung Blackjack, and many others that were not "smart" phones, incld a bb 7100, 7130). I now use my pearl for everything and it does a better job than most of them put together. Windows Mobile is just too unstable for me.
    Last edited by thbassman; 03-22-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

SideKick Over BB:

1) Separate, working MSN and Yahoo IM clients
    2) Full Keyboard
    3) Folder access (E-mail: saved, trash, drafts, sent, inbox; Texts: inbox, drafts, sent, trash)
    4) Data plan includes browsing, texting, IM, MMS and email
    5) SD Card slot location (no need to remove the battery)
    6) Easy to use SIM card slot
    7) Desktop Interface access on T-Mo website
    8) OTA Synch WITHOUT Corporate account and access
    9) Device colors (I'm getting the blue LX next year)
    10) Desktop Access to emails
    11) On-board apps catalog although limited
    12) Device and OS stability (only one SK has crashed and never turned back on,
    and one wouldn't open any menus other than the MP3 player, other than that
    it's a flawless device)
    13) Creation of playlists in Media Player (although I prefer my iPOD)
    14) Device size (each model I have owned is smaller than previous models)
    15) Themes
    16) Ease of SIM card insertion and removal; also SIM card door holds the SIM card in place better than the BB. I found myself wondering why my first 2 Pearls had internet problems and this turned out to be the culprit as the door came open. Although newer Pearls have returned to the holder that was used on the 7100 series.

BB over SideKick:

1) Battery Life
    2) SureType Keyboard (71xx and 81xx)
    3) Small candybar phone form (71xx and 81xx)
    4) Full keyboard (88xx)
    5) Easy Desktop Backup
    6) Device Switch Wizard
    7) Better reception (aka signal)
    8) Larger library of customizable themes, apps
    9) Media player appearance
    10) Browser support (Opera Mini for those sites the BB browser can't open)
    11) Multi Tasking via Switch Application menu option
    12) SureType Model Size (each SureType model has gotten smaller)
    13) ICQ access via JiveTalk
    14) Google Talk

Both devices feature Stereo Headset support, BlueTooth support (although different capabilities), come in various colors, and have/had models without a camera.
    Came up with another addition to the pros of each device.

SideKick Over BB:

17) MySpace App

BB Over SideKick:

15) FaceBook App

Wish either device had both apps and I might ditch whichever one doesn't have both.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    At the end of the day, the bottom line is whatever works for you, is best for you.
    We all have our individual needs vs. wants, thus the more devices, the merrier. Personal preferences are just that, & nothing more.

Myself? I choose to avoid proclaiming one the best. However that said, I do enjoy a lively debate on the merits of them all.

Viva le choice!

via RedBerry *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)~

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I own both a Mogul (6800) and a BB 8830. There are things one device can do that the other cannot (at least at this time).

6800 - Streaming audio such as XM, Sirius, Shoutcast, EVDO Rev.A for tethering, full HTML email, modified ROMs to increase the performance and stability.

8830 - Blackberry Messenger, PIN messages, FREE PUSH EMAIL, you don't have to reboot the phone multiple times daily, Google Sync, self dimming screen, different fuctionality while in holster (rings/alerts).

There are more for each, but these are the differences that stick out in my head right now.

MoJay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3018D089
    Former Treo user as of 1 week ago today.
    One of the best choices that i have ever made to switch to BB.
    Windows Mobile..."run for zeeeeeee hills"

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c
    Just to chime in with my 2 cents worth. I believe the biggest pro going for the blackberry O.S is stability. I liked Windows Mobile for what it could do, When it ran. I had a Samsung Blackjack, Tmobile Dash, Motorola Q9, Eten X500+ and they all needed constant re-booting throughout the day, not to mention charging. I don't believe having to check your phone throughtout the day to make sure it's working is something one has to put up with.

I don't know about anyone else but my phone being on and running is more important than the features. I went back to an 8820 and in the past 4 months have only had to restart 2 times because of application installations.

Reliability is the most important factor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast