Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So I'm sitting in work today and my friend sends me a text message wanting ... General Blackberry forum

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3

windows mobile a joke

Advertisement

So I'm sitting in work today and my friend sends me a text message wanting to argue about windows mobile vs blackberry(he just got a verizon 6800 so he's all happy)what the idiot doesn't know is that I've had a i930, samsung i730, verizon 6700, sda and a wing. He first laughs at the 300mhz my curve has cause he has 400mhz so I asked how many times you gotta charge your phone a day cause your precious 400mhz how many battery pulls you do a day? How many soft resets a day? He doesn't reply so then he says my internet speeds are faster so I told him let's meet we pull up the same web page and we see which one is faster and bet 20 on it he said no. I know I would have won because the way windows phones download and set up a web page is very slow. I blame myself for his ignorience because wheni was younger I showed him windows mobile then I got a blackberry and never looked back, poor guy . Any one else have to check some one trying to bring down the blackberrys?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Haha lol at the CPU speed argument. Windows in itself is okay, but I don't like the mobile version AT ALL. Terribly slow, and not stable.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    sounds like me and my fiance lol

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Ya I don't know why anyone would go with windows mobile! Man I'd I had to choose I would go with an iphone cause Mac is so stable! God it must freeze like windows on your pc! Dodge that bullet! Love my bb ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

payaso1213 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the texts of the day send it to non berry user... Did I like **** dumb another to it send retard like this reading time *** sweet your took u since now read this BACKWARD

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    Heh, I check myself daily since I own an 8310 and a Tilt. I like certain things about both devices, I just can't commit to one. I change phones more often than I change my underwear! It's like shoes or a jacket... Whatever fits my mood or tasks for the day.

What does the tilt have that thing curve doesn't I'm not trying to down u or anything but I owned a curve and a wind and the wind is like the tilt but smaller cpu~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    What does the tilt have that thing curve doesn't I'm not trying to down u or anything but I owned a curve and a wing and the wing is like the tilt but smaller cpu~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

I have friends that have Palm Treos & windows Mobile and they always complain! Espicially the ones that have the Palm Treo, they hate it! Always having to re-boot! I told them, "You should of gotten a Blackberry!" Their response, "Yeah, I guess...!" Only one of friends got rid of his Treo for a Blackberry and he luvs it!
    That's what I'm talking about!!
    Blackberry all the way!

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdoucet View Post
    Ya I don't know why anyone would go with windows mobile! Man I'd I had to choose I would go with an iphone cause Mac is so stable! God it must freeze like windows on your pc! Dodge that bullet! Love my bb ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

1. They may need it for work
    2. They may need native support for Office
    3. They may need or want the use of applications unavailable on other systems

weee96 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Mac is so stable? Hmmm. Windows Mobile has its good points, I like both myself

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    Quote Originally Posted by samthagreat View Post
    What does the tilt have that thing curve doesn't I'm not trying to down u or anything but I owned a curve and a wind and the wind is like the tilt but smaller cpu~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    OK, here's my novella:

Things I like about the Tilt over the 8310:
    1. Native Office document support (Create and Edit, not just Read)
    2. Bigger keyboard is nice sometimes.
    3. Simple OTA sync of Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks without expensive data plan, corporate middleware (BES), etc.
    4. True IMAP support, full folder sync, not just inbox, etc.
    5. Built-in HTML email support, no 3rd party add-ons.
    6. Ability to store apps on memory card. This makes device changing (between WinMo devices) much easer, device restore faster and gives virtually unlimited number of apps.
    7. Offline GPS apps with map data on memory card, works even without data coverage.
    8. Better versions of some apps available (Live search for example has more options than the BB version).
    9. Native MSN support (messenger and hotmail/msn/live email).
    10. Portrait display orientation, much nicer for reading news and long documents.
    11. External SIM and memory card slots, don’t need to remove the battery when switching cards. Great for travel because I can load one memory card with movies for the plane, then swap my standard card with apps, etc. back in after flight.
    12. Better applications for things such as VoIP. Cheaper apps in general for the stuff that’s not free.
    13. WiFi. Even though I don’t use it much, it has come in handy many times.
    14. 3G data. Enough said. Sometimes I just can’t deal with BB’s slow EDGE. Tethering when I travel is pure joy with the Tilt and 3G.
    15. Tethering support. The Tilt supports Bluetooth PAN in addition to old-school dial-up type tethering.
    16. Touch screen. I don’t need it often, but sometimes it is really nice. Card games for example are much easier to play than scrolling all over the place with the trackball. Also, select, cut, copy, paste of text is much easier for me with a touch screen.
    17. Better media support.
    18. Custom ROM cooking. It’s easy and there are a ton available. You can customize the device to exactly how you want it. Remove bloatware, branding, custom settings... Whatever. Takes time and knowledge, but is very worth it in the end.
    19. More direct access hardware keys.
    20. Better version of Opera (mobile vs. mini).
    21. Better, more customizable home screen. I’ve got 85% of what I need at a single glance.
    22. Bluetooth sync with my Mac via Missing Sync. Better Mac support in general, although marginally better.

Things I like about the 8310 over the Tilt:
    1. Push email. Enough said.
    2. Much easier navigation overall. I can generally get to things 3x quicker on the BB than WinMo.
    3. Battery life. Typically go one full day on the Tilt, can squeeze two days out of the BB if I’m not too heavy.
    4. More stable. I have never had it crash or needed to reboot. Although I have got my Tilt to be almost as stable now, it took a lot of work and customization.
    5. Magnet sensor for “sleep” mode in a case. I love the profile switch you can set up when you holster (mine vibrates when in holster, makes quiet sounds out of holster).
    6. Ambient light sensor controlling screen brightness.
    7. Slightly better camera quality and a flash that actually helps in most cases.
    8. Better form factor... Keyboard always accessible, slimmer, easier to one-hand operate, etc.
    9. Better car kit (my THB Bury comfort cradle snaps tight quickly and charges without having to plug in a cable).

OK, more than you probably wanted, but there you go. I’ve had almost 5 years experience simultaneously using both platforms, plus Palm OS and Windows Mobile Standard (SmartPhone, non touch screen).

In general, I like the Tilt or any Windows Mobile device better. But sometimes it just gets to me and I need the stable simplicity of a BB. I wish the BB had 3G, apps and offline maps on the memory card and cheaper data plans with direct OTA sync with Exchange. If it had all that, I could probably give up on WinMo once and for all.
    -T

BIGT456 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4B32
    Former Treo user here too and I must say that I do not miss Windows Mobile one bit!!!

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by sickchilly
    OK, here's my novella:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In general, I like the Tilt or any Windows Mobile device better. But sometimes it just gets to me and I need the stable simplicity of a BB. I wish the BB had 3G, apps and offline maps on the memory card and cheaper data plans with direct OTA sync with Exchange. If it had all that, I could probably give up on WinMo once and for all.
    Couldn't say it better!

Only thing is I am using Curve now. Love the smaller size and stability.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
    Heh, I check myself daily since I own an 8310 and a Tilt. I like certain things about both devices, I just can't commit to one. I change phones more often than I change my underwear! It's like shoes or a jacket... Whatever fits my mood or tasks for the day.
    I have to check myself also since I swap back and forth between a BB and a SideKick. I have put together my own list of pros of each device over the other. And, considering the Pros I came up with just now, I can most likely say I will be switching AGAIN next year.

Granted, both devices are limited and feature the same capabilities at times.

SideKick Over BB:

1) Separate, working MSN and Yahoo IM clients
    2) Full Keyboard
    3) Folder access (E-mail: saved, trash, drafts, sent, inbox; Texts: inbox, drafts, sent, trash)
    4) Data plan includes browsing, texting, IM, MMS and email
    5) SD Card slot location (no need to remove the battery)
    6) Easy to use SIM card slot
    7) Desktop Interface access on T-Mo website
    8) OTA Synch WITHOUT Corporate account and access
    9) Device colors (I'm getting the blue LX next year)
    10) Desktop Access to emails
    11) On-board apps catalog although limited
    12) Device and OS stability (only one SK has crashed and never turned back on,
    and one wouldn't open any menus other than the MP3 player, other than that
    it's a flawless device)
    13) Creation of playlists in Media Player (although I prefer my iPOD)
    14) Device size (each model I have owned is smaller than previous models)
    15) Themes
    16) Ease of SIM card insertion and removal; also SIM card door holds the SIM card in place better than the BB. I found myself wondering why my first 2 Pearls had internet problems and this turned out to be the culprit as the door came open. Although newer Pearls have returned to the holder that was used on the 7100 series.

BB over SideKick:

1) Battery Life
    2) SureType Keyboard (71xx and 81xx)
    3) Small candybar phone form (71xx and 81xx)
    4) Full keyboard (88xx)
    5) Easy Desktop Backup
    6) Device Switch Wizard
    7) Better reception (aka signal)
    8) Larger library of customizable themes, apps
    9) Media player appearance
    10) Browser support (Opera Mini for those sites the BB browser can't open)
    11) Multi Tasking via Switch Application menu option
    12) SureType Model Size (each SureType model has gotten smaller)
    13) ICQ access via JiveTalk
    14) Google Talk

Both devices feature Stereo Headset support, BlueTooth support (although different capabilities), come in various colors, and have/had models without a camera.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-20-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast