Help! I had to reimage my wife's PC, and did so using the new Windows ... General Blackberry forum

Ron.Rogers no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A1C42F

Windows 7 RC and Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7

Advertisement

Help!

I had to reimage my wife's PC, and did so using the new Windows 7 Release Candadate version.

I re-installed Office 2007 and Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7. The Desktop Manager installed properly and allowed me to setup connections to Outlook.

However....

When sync'ing (using USB cable) I get to Calendar. It reads the calendar then crashes. I can not go further.

Both Verizon as well as Blackberry have no answer to this issue. Does ANYONE out there have a solution / suggestion?

Wife is not happy (which means NOBODY is happy....)

Thank you!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ron,

When you say "it crashes", what does that mean? Are you getting some sort of error or does the sync go through, but not the calendar portion?

Check the settings on your device in Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. Make sure the CICAL and CMIME settings are for the e-mail address you're trying to sync with.

Roger

Ron.Rogers no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A1C42F

Windows 7 and Blackberry Desktop 4.7 Sync Issue

The issue was - when I initiated a sync; Desktop Manager would start. It would sync the address book successfully.

But when it went to the Calendar - it would read and process the device Calendar successfully; read Outlook Calendar successfully; but when it went to process device calendar again, I'd receive an error message that said:

"Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working."

Windows 7 would then say it's checking for a fix; then would close down.

Through process of elimiantion; I unchecked the Calendar option in sync and re-ran it. It worked perfectly.

Via Manager; I purged the Calendar file on the Blackberery; and re-sync'd ONLY the calendar again. This time it worked fine.

I re-checked the other options; and re-sync'd again. Worked perfectly.

It could have been a flawed Calendar file on the Blackberry Manager - I just don't know. All I do know is it's now working (less about a dozen calendar appointments).

Wife is once again happy. The would is at peace (for now...)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Based on your explanation above I would agree that there was a corrupted record of some sort in the calendar. At any rate, glad you got it sorted out!

siroya no está en línea Stack level 1
    in wista it suks dont know abt 7

siroya no está en línea Stack level 1
    also im planing to instal windows 7 but abt drivers compatibility .is it same as vista?

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I've been running Win 7 for a few months and had never been able to upgrade an OS with any of the DM 4.x versions. I snagged onto DM 5.0 when it was floating around a while back and my issues have disappeared. No problems what so ever.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by siroya View Post
    also im planing to instal windows 7 but abt drivers compatibility .is it same as vista?
    The only driver issues I have had with 7 were with my display adapter. I'm running 7100 RC right now, haven't installed 7127 yet, and the installed drivers aren't the best. I just went into device manager and updated the drivers. It found a version that works really well.

Love Win 7.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

jadouglas no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any of you Windows 7 folks not running Outlook tried setting up sync with Windows Live Mail. Anyone know if it is possible?