OK, I get it why the 8830 doesn't have a camera on it...but MAN, I'd ... General Blackberry forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Will RIM make me happy with 8830?

Advertisement

OK, I get it why the 8830 doesn't have a camera on it...but MAN, I'd have to think that the 8830 would blow every single phone out there outta the water if it had one. The 8830 is such a hot phone...so hot. I want one so bad, but I don't get one cause I want a camera on my phone. I don't take many shots, but I want a cam there for infrequent use. The curve is okay...but even aesthetically, it can't hold a candle to the 8830...not to mention the functionality of the world phone.

SO, will the 8830 ever have a camera on it? I know it's a long shot, but the upcoming 9000 with it's touch screen looks lame. I'll take an 8830 with a camera for the next 5 years please.
    Last edited by boblincoln; 10-15-2007 at 03:00 AM.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: Will RIM make me happy with 8830?

thats the only reason i am dropping the 8830 for the pearl when it gets released in November. hehe

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I read that the 8830 is geared towards business use and it has no camera because some businesses do not allow cameras.

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    I read that the 8830 is geared towards business use and it has no camera because some businesses do not allow cameras.
    True, that's one of the advantages for me. There's hardly any good quality phone that doesn't have a camera so this is a perfect solution for people working in R&D departments of industries and government labs.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    As I said, I know why they say they don't put a camera on it...but that's seems like a really lame reason where they're appeasing a very small segment of the population. Wouldn't it make MUCH more sense to make an 8830 with a camera on it for the larger market and then have an after market piece where the camera is unusable...i know they sold a piece like that for the pearl.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I think businesses use A LOT of the 88xx series. for example, the post office just bought 5,400 for their employees to use.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I have to agree cyberspastic. Its a business phone hence the "World Edition". I hardly think that the average BlackBerry user even needs the ability to use the phone outside the US but plenty of business types do. The one part of having a camera that I'll agree with is being able to normally MMS, without the camera the phone doesn't do that. There are ways around it but its very inconvenient. I also agree that aesthetically its a far better looking phone than the Curve. I like the Pearl but I've really grown accustomed to the full qwerty keyboard, but I swear on all accounts I'm still faster texting with suretype. But all of that is way off topic. I think the most simple solution would be to offer the phone in two flavors. Like the Treo 700p one with a camera and one without. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Here here! 3 cheers for Nick. You get it...in so many ways.

I'm even torn about going to the Pearl because I have the 7100 now and I can type like a firecracker on that thing...I can even type full messages without even looking at the keypad. I don't think I could ever do that with the 8830.

However, that big beautiful professional looking screen of the 8830 would get me to switch. The lack of a camera prevents me from jumping over. Errrrr.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Thanks boblincoln. You make an excellent point. The screen on the 8830 is fantastic. Especially for rendering web pages. But to stay true to the original post. I think the 8830 is easily the best phone I've ever owned. BlackBerry or otherwise. So my answer is yes, any 8830 owners out there should be very, very satisfied. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

im very happy with my 8830 feature wise i just dont think i will ever be able to get the qwerty down to a science like i did with the suretype yea it looks better then the curve and not having a camera sucks but when i had a camera i never took pictures but as soon as i got my first BB and didnt have one i always wanted to take some pics

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

i love my 8830. I dont mind not having a camera. Every phone i have had prior to this one had a camera and i dont miss it. I wouldnt trade it for something with a camera. I would just take the leap and live without a camera. I kno wyou wont regret it.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....