View Poll Results: Will The New 3G iPhone Kill The BlackBerry?

Voters
140. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 10.00%
  • No

86 61.43%
  • Here's What I Think

9 6.43%
  • I Could Care Less About The iPhone

31 22.14%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by archer6 I agree, as I have checked out the iPhone forums & ... General Blackberry forum

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I agree, as I have checked out the iPhone forums & other Apple forums.

What I find with those forums is the incredibly shallow people that unlike this forum, are unable to have a calm rational discussion about the topic at hand. If they are talking about any aspect of the iPhone usually it's mostly about bashing anyone who attempts to question anything. It seems to be more about praising Jobs & the device. It's about being arrogant, superior,"different" & "special".

I particpate in other forums that talk about other topics, from cars, to laptops, to chronograph watches, and none of those forums are as arrogant & juvenile as I find Apple forums. And the frustrating part for me is that _I_use_&_like_ Apple laptops & a few of their other products, yet because of the elitist attitudes & closed minds of the large majority of people on the Apple forums, I've simply given up on participating. It's nothing but a time waster, a truly amazing & frustrating experience.

I just happen to own a couple of Ferrari's and even the Ferrari Owners Forum is populated my decent people like those of us here on Pinstack. Anyone is welcome to join us & talk about the brand & be treated with repect & dignity. If people enter the forum with critical comments they are welcome as we have non judgemental interesting conversations. We do Not attack others, as the Apple people do. After all a Ferrari is just a car and not without it's faults. It's why we enjoy the forum, just as much as I enjoy PinStack!

So, having experienced different forums over a period of years, the fact that the only forum that deals with one of my interests (Apple) is the only one I choose to avoid is very telling isn't it?

via: Red BB 8310
    I agree with your assessment, Archer, but I wonder if it is from the constant bashing that Apple gets. I have never encountered a brand that seems to be hated more. When I started using Macs, I couldn't believe how many people told me they were "crap", though they had never used one. I found myself defending myself until I realized I didn't care what they thought.

I'm not trying to defend the iPhone forums people if they are acting arrogant, it's just that since it was announced I have heard nothing but bashing. I think it goes both ways and I find it childish at times. I also agree that these forums are about the best there are. Thanks Pinstack!
    Last edited by tgeekb; 06-15-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    I didn't know that and it's very interesting. It takes a special knack to see the future and take chances, especially in technology. I personally love the battles that are going on right now, pushing the envelope for new and exciting features. Who knows where we'll be in 5 years?

True, it takes a knack... but it wouldn't have cost that much to put out a trial
    balloon. It wouldn't mean betting the company!

Yes, battles are fascinating. M$ vs Y at the line of scrimmage... Google throwing
    1.6 Gigadollars for youTube -- known and used by everyone but as for making money, a dud...

These are interesting times!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    We have only seen, but a small fraction of what is yet to come.

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    you can't push those stupid Iphone buttons with gloves on.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I agree with your assessment, Archer, but I wonder if it is from the constant bashing that Apple gets. I have never encountered a brand that seems to be hated more. When I started using Macs, I couldn't believe how many people told me they were "crap", though they had never used one. I found myself defending myself until I realized I didn't care what they thought.

I'm not trying to defend the iPhone forums people if they are acting arrogant, it's just that since it was announced I have heard nothing but bashing. I think it goes both ways and I find it childish at times. I also agree that these forums are about the best there are. Thanks Pinstack!
    I agree with both Archer and you. If anything, Macs are smoother, safer and easier to work with than Windows PCs. It could be my Unix bias showing, but I just love opening a root Terminal and being in command! Love the terminology too. "Blessing" a disk! That's inspired

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Here are the London Times finding that the iPhone has a number of opponents to contend with:

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle4124866.ece

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I agree with your assessment, Archer,
    And I agree with you tgeekb.

And therein lies the difference between a great forum like PinStack that is well run, and ones that are not. It's the way that two respectful adults like you & I can enjoy discussing our devices.

I just have a hard time understanding while there is no respect & moderator involvement on Apple forums. As it is childish. That's my point. It's nearly impossible for regular people to participate without being attacked unjustly. There is no oversight my the moderators as in many cases I've only looked at the forum and simply read the posts to determine if I wanted to join. Just think about my last statement - I've witnessed it being so bad while checking out the forum, not even as a member.

So if I'm witnessing this, then it's obvoious I don't want to join & be automatically attacked.

Now I will say that I have not had the experience of people being critical because I use a Mac. Thus I can only imagagine the frustration that causes you. Yet at the end of the day you're still a nice person & not bitter or juvenile like the Mac people are. Here we are having a great conversation, sharing our experiences and speaking for myself, enjoying it. That' what a public forum is for. Sharing, compasring experiences with our devices & being helpful to one another. What could be better? I give hayden & the moderators on PinStack a lot of credit for maintaining a great forum environment for us to enjoy.

Cheers!

Thanks gkast1 -

Two great posts from you that I enjoyed reading!

And thanks for the link: that was a very interesting story.

Cheers!

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    You are welcome!...and thanks for your posts too, reasoned and grounded!

It is not bad to keep an eye on how they see things in Europe -- smartphones overall being more advanced there

Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    You are welcome!...and thanks for your posts too, reasoned and grounded!

It is not bad to keep an eye on how they see things in Europe -- smartphones overall being more advanced there
    I agree, the market in Europe is one that I find very interesting. What I particularly enjoy is their method of reporting. And it's the same no matter if they are reviewing mobiles or autos, they do a very good job & write in a way that is very honest, genuine & thorough. They call it as they see it & I find that very refreshing. I have a very high level of respect for the european press.

Lastly there are the differences in the marketplace as is to be expected. The cultural influence brings a different perspective which I enjoy.
    Very interesting indeed.

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    And I agree with you tgeekb.

And therein lies the difference between a great forum like PinStack that is well run, and ones that are not. It's the way that two respectful adults like you & I can enjoy discussing our devices.

I just have a hard time understanding while there is no respect & moderator involvement on Apple forums. As it is childish. That's my point. It's nearly impossible for regular people to participate without being attacked unjustly. There is no oversight my the moderators as in many cases I've only looked at the forum and simply read the posts to determine if I wanted to join. Just think about my last statement - I've witnessed it being so bad while checking out the forum, not even as a member.

So if I'm witnessing this, then it's obvoious I don't want to join & be automatically attacked.

Now I will say that I have not had the experience of people being critical because I use a Mac. Thus I can only imagagine the frustration that causes you. Yet at the end of the day you're still a nice person & not bitter or juvenile like the Mac people are. Here we are having a great conversation, sharing our experiences and speaking for myself, enjoying it. That' what a public forum is for. Sharing, compasring experiences with our devices & being helpful to one another. What could be better? I give hayden & the moderators on PinStack a lot of credit for maintaining a great forum environment for us to enjoy.

Cheers!
    Your point about the moderators is an important one. The rules here are not only plain to understand but the moderators are active on the boards and create a positive atmosphere. There is nothing wrong with having differences and it's great to have a place to debate them without being attacked. I'm nothing but a geek at heart and love discussing my favorite hobby. Thanks for the stimulating conversation!

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    One thing that keeps me with blackberry it the partnership with google to sync my calendar. If I could do tasks and phonebook with google than I am set. Anyone here any secrets regarding support from outside companies? It wasn't Sony that won the Blueray battle by themselves.

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by manapuaman View Post
    One thing that keeps me with blackberry it the partnership with google to sync my calendar. If I could do tasks and phonebook with google than I am set. Anyone here any secrets regarding support from outside companies? It wasn't Sony that won the Blueray battle by themselves.
    I have not attempted this as I have heard of lots of problems people have, but it is very interesting. Being able to wirelessly sync your calendar, contacts, and tasks via Google would be awesome.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    tgeekb, the google one works great for me except for all day events. My kids can check when their orthodontist appointments and such without having to go on my computer with my login. I prefer it to a direct sync esp. since I have a mac. BB-google-mac is acceptable.

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by manapuaman View Post
    tgeekb, the google one works great for me except for all day events. My kids can check when their orthodontist appointments and such without having to go on my computer with my login. I prefer it to a direct sync esp. since I have a mac. BB-google-mac is acceptable.
    Tried it out and it seemed to work fine. Now I have to see if I have a use fior it. Thanks for the info.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast