View Poll Results: Will The New 3G iPhone Kill The BlackBerry?

Voters
140. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 10.00%
  • No

86 61.43%
  • Here's What I Think

9 6.43%
  • I Could Care Less About The iPhone

31 22.14%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

"Apple may have killed the BlackBerry" That's the title of the article , read it ... General Blackberry forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Will Apple's 3G iPhone Kill The BlackBerry?

Advertisement

"Apple may have killed the BlackBerry"

That's the title of the article, read it if you choose.

Then return here and give us your opinion,

Or just give us your take on this very controversial subject.

jwhite4304 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Look at the sales figures for the first quarter and the number of carriers for BlackBerry and Rim wins!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Its still interesting to me the overall comparison between the two. I have to shake my head and wonder why people think the way they do.

Do I think Apple could ruin BlackBerrys business?! Not a chance. As far as I can tell these two companies are shaping what the other will become. For example Apple adding exchange support and RIM producing an all touch screen phone. I believe they both recognize the competition they give each other along with everyone else, and as a result they are driven to produce even better phones.

The iPhone 2.0 isn't an end all device. Not even close, but neither is the Thunder. What I see happening here is what has been going on forever. Each has their niche where they will attract customers for that very specific reason no questions asked. And so long as they continue to do that they have secured those people for the foreseeable future. Then there is they loyalist. Someone who will stick with a brand period. As long as it works its the best thing on earth. Next up there are people who only care about the features. And this is the kind of customer that I think matters the most to manufacturers. The reason being they aren't content to wait to see what a company will do, they want what a company is doing. And this type of customer will let it be known what they think should be next up on the feature list. Or what should be improved.

Now let's talk style. Simply put, this could make or break any company. If you have a stellar product but it comes in Frankenstein packaging you have a problem. You need to appeal to as many people as possible at first. Then over time you can come out with special colors and designs that will drag a larger crowd in. I have to say the iPhone 2.0 is "ugly" at least to me. It looks like it belongs in a clean room or something. Personally I think the Bold has a much more sophisticated look.

Another trick is price point. You want people to feel like they are getting absolutely the best product for a price that feels like they are giving it away. The problem is if the price is too low people will think its cheap. If the price is too high either it won't sell or the expectation will be to high. Apple has really set the stage for themselves this time. They are giving out a "twice" as good phone for half the price. Smart. Especially if they are still making money on the handset. It should be interesting to see how RIM tackles this with their upcoming devices.

Next is variety. One size doesn't fit all. And I think Apple has a problem with this one. I'm not talking about 8GB or 16GB, white or black. I mean form factor. RIM really showed their versatility over the last year and a half. 3 different phones with similar features, but a appeal that practically covered the spread. And this time around they are doing even more. An evolutionary BlackBerry the Bold, a new form factor the Kickstart and a battle ready Thunder.

So what I think is RIM has their sights set past the sophomore iPhone and may be looking to bigger challenges. However they certainly have enough respect and knowledge to recognize competition when they see it.

But for me its BlackBerry! Ohs yes!

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    once the iphone goes on sale yeah customers are excited bout but when they hear all "THE LITTLE FINE PRINTS" they won't be too happy

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    after sampling an i-phone for 3 weeks before i left at-t for t-mobile there is no way any version of iphone could ever compare to a proper blackberry..... the blackberry is just a much more robust platform in my honest opinion....but you know what they say about opinions.....
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

I can careless about the iPhone.

zamboni_1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i read a thread on BGR and they had all these things about the new phone....to me it looks like apple shot themselves in the foot with this one. too many rules. you cant even buy out the phone you HAVE to go on a contract. thats just the main thing that stuck out as a bad idea...

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    My point would be exactly as a few of the posts above. RIM is not exclusive to AT&T and is worldwide, allowing for greater competition, different styles of devices, colors, size, etc. and different OS's that cater to all people...young, old, business, government, etc.

You also have those who want the true multimedia phone and has the easy-sync features to add music like an iPhone. I am much more business-centric though and could care less about all the media capabilities. That's why I have a laptop, a desktop PC, two big screens with HD and so on.

*chanting* RIM RIM RIM RIM RIM RIM RIM.... Long live the Blackberry!!!
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    My take is blackberry still stalling on being mac compatible. I cannot upgrade firmware. The quality is down and now I got dust coated on the internal screen. Finally they went with a 3.5 jack. Don't get me wrong, the BB is the best phone I have used thus far.

Apple on the other hand had bad reception but fixed it. Bad battery life. Fixed it. No 3G fixed that. No multiple sms. Fixed it. It's not perfect but they seem to respond to issues much faster than any other company.

I welcome the competition. It has kicked RIM in the behind and they are finally doing things to improve instead of accepting the status quo.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i will say one thing, those price tags are making the iphone look really good to me i may have to cheat a little on my curve

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Haha.. Time will only tell what will happen with these new breakthoughs in technology.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i will say one thing, those price tags are making the iphone look really good to me i may have to cheat a little on my curve

You cheater.. I'm telling!!

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    I am also saying the samething as cherrichiodo, those prices are crazy low.

The only thing is that, I am not an AT&T customer. I might just go and get one of those iPhone 1st Gen, the only difference is 3G.
    The iphone 2.0 firmware will be coming out before or at the date of the iPhone 3G release, same thing.

Thanks!
    T-Mobile Blackberry 8310 Crimson Red

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah I may just get the iPhone 2.0 for my business line LOL..

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    As long as BB is pushing real keyboards they will be just fine. IMO of course.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast