Here is a noob question...sorry.... I have searched but could not find the answer. I ... General Blackberry forum

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE

Wifi Question w/unlimited data plan

Advertisement

Here is a noob question...sorry.... I have searched but could not find the answer.

I am getting the 8900 tomorrow and I have never used a wifi enabled phone. Do i need to pay extra to have and use the wifi feature?

I currently have the unlimited data plan thru T-Mo for 19.99/month.

Also, does the phone automatically detect the wifi when it is an area that has it?

Once again, the wifi feature is new to me.

Thank you!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    No you will not have to pay extra to use the wifi, however if you dont have a wifi or wireless router in your home, and plan on using it at stores where they offer wifi, you will have to pay their subscription.

It will auto detect it but wont connect until you set it up, and connect to it then tell it to auto connect to it next time, saving any password or settings you might need to connect.

There are a few places that offer free wifi, and also places you get it such as in a motel where it comes with the room...

Wifi means you have to be within so many feet of the wireless router... so if your driving around you wont have a constant connection..
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The wifi feature does not cost extra. Any router within the phone's range will be picked up. You just need to provide the correct password to be able to use the wireless router.

With Tmo you will also be able to make calls through wifi. From what I understand about this technology, there is a charge for this feature. I think it might be called VOIP.

But back to the wifi issue , use it. The internet experience will be alot faster with the wifi feature vs. Tmo edge.

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE
    awesome- thank you...

I do have a wifi set up in my home.