Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for ur posts delfim. Tomorrow I'll put a friend's SIM card with data plan ... General Blackberry forum

javibueno no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thanks for ur posts delfim.

Tomorrow I'll put a friend's SIM card with data plan on my BB to see if it works. Furthermore I will do the same with a Vodafone SIM which BB data plan works. Then I will know if it has something to do with my BB or not. About the theme, I have the original one. When the bold is off, i turn mobile network off and I am unable to use my data plan over wifi.

I am afraid it will have something to do with the unlocking... If it was the problem... Does it have any solution? Maybe giving it back to Movistar? They were supposed to give me a 8900 and they gave me a 8520. Maybe i can play with that to return it?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I´ll find out tomorrow with the techie. Will post back.
    You should go to Movistar and try, I think.

Thanks for your posts delfim.

I will try a Movistar SIM card in my BB to see if it works. I will also try a vodafone one, then I will know wheter my BB is ok. Even with the bold off i can't use my data plan... I've turnet mobile network off and I am unable to use BBM and this stuff...

About the theme I've got the original one so this is not the problem.

I am afraid it has something to do with the data plan... If it was the problem, would I be able to return it? They were supposed to give me a 8900 but they sent me a 8520... could I play with that after 2 o 3 months have past?

thanks!!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I would try, since the services you are paying for aren´t being provided ! Give it a go with a strong argument.

Sry for posting double! I didn't see the post (2 pages) and thought it wasn't posted! LOL

I will try then and see what happens! but i need a unlocked BB since my data plan is not from movistar!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Got some feedback from the techie. Didn't say much, but did say that unlocking caused a problem with a particular OS. Could be your case ?
    Try then to Get some satisfaction with Movistar. Nothing much more can be done.

thanks delfim!

I will try then going to movistar and telling them that my wifi doesn't work and they sent me the wrong blackberry. My question now is, if I get the 8900, should I unlock it? cause my data plan is not with Movistar (is more expensive).

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Should weigh things up, really. Can´t have a phone without data plan, and can´t have a data plan without a phone. Maybe the seller will really look into the software problem and come up with a solution. Good luck, hermano !

thanks!!! I will post any news here!

Hello again,

Yesterday I tried a Movistar SIM from a friend who has the same BB (and works perfectly) on my phone and the wifi logo was bold! So now I can say that my unlocked BB still works with Movistar's SIMs. Now I've gotta try a Vodafone SIM in my device to see if its a problem due to the carrier and unlocking or just my SIM.

I've read somewhere that some SIMs are not compatible or something but dunno if changing it will change anything...

I don't know but could it be something about the service book, i mean, some kind of incompatibility with my new carrier? Which service books are by default before having a data plan? maybe any of them is making trouble with my carrier's data plan.

thanks!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    There you go you're almost there.
    I'm also a Vodafone client - they, at one time, had to change my SIM card because of some network GSM problems. Different problem to yours,but the card had to be changed and BB specific settings configured into it. Maybe this Will resolve your issue as Well. But you must insist with Vodafone!

buton no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you do not have the data enable under mobile network settings, wifi will not work all...

if you enable data, and turn of mobile networkd radio... the wi fi icon will be gray but you will be able to surf the web withou bis....

the same happened to me.

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2
    wow,, im glad i know something about this and can contribute..
    i have two bb 8320 with wifi, GSM. one is for tmobile and one is for at&t. both are unlocked. if you put a used tmobile sim card in either the wifi logo lights up. then you can wifi to blackberry app world and use other apps, like google apps i thing or some others. if you put the at&t card into either the wifi logo will not light up and you will not be able to use appworld. also, if you put a tmobile card, (even just a tmobile tower card like qwertcorp.com txt message only). .. the wifi logo will light. thats right a used but not active tmobile tower sim card makes my wifi logo light up.
    heres more. i can put a deactivated tmobile card into my tmobile 8320 on wifi, and the UMA symbol will come up, and light the wifi. neither happens if i put the at&t card into it, even tho its good.,.,
    mind yall, i dont have any data plan, have wifi at home, have active third party GSM on at&t towers, and have a handfull of stuff to play with,,,
    i sooo whanna talk about this. there is escreen stuff about uma and maybe the tmobile cods or the OS is more usefull than at&ts OS. also, the text message only card on tmobile towers in the tmobile 8320 would send the text messages over UMA even if the cell radio antenna was off .. cool hu?

Jordan.Holst no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3216F9E5
    power cycling the router worked for me (sprint, 8530). I didn't refresh the phone, just the router. works like a charm.

vicbowling no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sounds like you just haven't set your network up properly to link to your phone. Go back to your router settings and make sure they match up to your phone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12