Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I have one problem which i haven't been able to solve even tho i've ... General Blackberry forum

javibueno no está en línea Stack level 1

Wifi logo always grayed out! please help!

Advertisement

Hello,

I have one problem which i haven't been able to solve even tho i've read everything about wifi and BB...

I always have the wifi logo grayed out. My router is working fine(i have a friend using the same BB (8520 curve) and she has it bold). I have a data plan ofc. After reading and trying to solve this, I realised that in my Service Book is missing IPPP for BIBS... I called my carrier (Vodafone Spain) and told me that the services are all the same for everybody and they can do nothing.I've tried re-sending the service books and everything but it didn't work. They suggested me to email spain(at)blackberry.net and tell them my problem but I am afraid it is not a BB problem (since I suppose the Service Book is something related with the Data Plan...)

I've called several times to my carrier and they have re-installed my data plan, re-sent service books and nothing was solved...

What should I do??

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Are you sure all your settings are correct in the WiFi Profile? Is your router password protected?

Is everything ok since I am able to surf the net. Otherwise when I turn mobile network off, I am not able to use BBM because my wifi logo is not bold. Then, I dont know if it is a data plan problem or what...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can also surf the net through your data plan, which is controlled through the mobile network. Yes, if you turn that off, you will not be able to use BBM.

Sounds like you need to make sure your WiFi settings are correct for whatever router you're using, and determine whether or not you are using password protection for the router. All that information needs to be in the WiFi settings.

I just did a wifi diagnostic and it says Blackberry infraestructure: Connection with a red cross, Athenticating router: nothing(just a grey slash) and Authentication server the same grey slash.

How can i solve it? i opened the port 443 udp and nothing happened...

Hello again guys!

I've compared with the same BB and the same carrier (which works perfect) and we have the same service books and same wifi diagnostic (but we have not tested in the same wifi).

I've been wondering and I don't know if this wifi problem is due to the fact that my BB is unlocked. I unlocked it in order to save money because Movistar gave me the BB and I wanted the data plan from Vodafone. Is it a problem?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    try this, delete the wifi profile for the connection with problems and and remove the battery off the device, wait for at least 30 seconds, then reset the router by completely removing the power and wait for at least 10 seconds the plug the power back on the router and reinsert the battery on your device and set up the wifi profile again, you can also go to manage connections, mobile network options and make sure that under connections preference you have wifi preferred in there
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Ok im gonna try this but something first. In mobile network options i've got Data services: on, Mobile network: Vodafone ES, Network selection Mode: automatic. There's nothing for wifi in there. why??

thanks!

weird. I delete the profiles from manage conections/wifi options and when i remove the battery and put it back they turn up again! :S

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What OS are you on?

5.0.0.592. Y downgraded to 4.6 and nothing worked...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi Javi, como estás ? Here with Vodafone Portugal, your wifi options must be open to all. This could be a problem in ES, maybe. In your wifi options untick single profile scanning. Maybe...otherwise I can only see a problem with youe Service Books, or the phone.

Hey delfim, what do u mean with "open to all"? Single profile scanning is off. About service books... yesterday a friend of mine with the same BB and same data plan had the wifi logo bold (i told her to check the IPPP for BIBS which is missing in my BB and she didn't have it either). I just can think about the "unlock". Maybe something happened with the unlocking?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Here in the north (Porto) we got some unlocked BB 9000 and 8900 from Vigo and Pontevedra - all of them had browser problems. I can't state if the problem was WiFi or not. And all of the BB were 'recambiado' back to Espana ! All of them were Movistar unlocks. Tomorrow I can find out more from the technician who had imported them, and I'll tell you more. Can I suggest something ? Try insert a Movistar GSM card (from a friend with BB at Movistar) and see if it works. Then you'll know if the unlock was good or not !

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...One more thing. What theme are u using ? I have a double dock theme (which I don't us now) but even when connected to WiFi, it didn't change colour ! Have you tried to see if even with the bold off, it's connected ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast