Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On a positive (glass half full) note, its workin right... ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~... General Blackberry forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

On a positive (glass half full) note, its workin right...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

segulec no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'll try OS .110.. i didn't like .124.. maybe .110 can solve my wi-fi problem? why not we'll wait and see

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This sounds like a problem with the 8320 rather than the OS. I have a spare 8320 (no data plan) that I use wi-fi every day. I'm currently running 4.5.0.110 on it but I've used .81 and some OS's before and after that and never had signal strength change with any different OS.

Changing router channels might help a little but if others are getting a good signal and your not (on the 8320) that's not going to help much if at all. If other phones get a strong signal from your router AND your weak signal happens at all other wi-fi hot spots too, it's most likely the device. Maybe you can get it replaced by your carrier - I'd look into that if possible.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by segulec View Post
    i'll try OS .110.. i didn't like .124.. maybe .110 can solve my wi-fi problem? why not we'll wait and see
    Hey it just might... And if it doesn't, see if you can get the device replaced like jblackfish said... He may have a valid point there...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    This sounds like a problem with the 8320 rather than the OS. I have a spare 8320 (no data plan) that I use wi-fi every day. I'm currently running 4.5.0.110 on it but I've used .81 and some OS's before and after that and never had signal strength change with any different OS.

Changing router channels might help a little but if others are getting a good signal and your not (on the 8320) that's not going to help much if at all. If other phones get a strong signal from your router AND your weak signal happens at all other wi-fi hot spots too, it's most likely the device. Maybe you can get it replaced by your carrier - I'd look into that if possible.
    well, have you ever compared signal strengt of your 8320 with the other phones? have you noticed a problem with that?

This sounds like a problem with the 8320 rather than the OS.
    i hope that it is a problem with the OS, i can fix it easier than replacing the device in the first page, "rajafarhan" mentioned about his friend that has the same problem and solved with the OS.. "hope" is always good

Quote Originally Posted by segulec View Post
    well, have you ever compared signal strengt of your 8320 with the other phones? have you noticed a problem with that?
    Yes but only with a 8120 that I used to own - the signal strengths were the same. (I've never compared my router signal with another brand of phone.)

Also, I found the signal strength to be good in public hot spots as well. I think yousaid your phone doesn't get a good signal in other places, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

It won't hurt to upgrade to the .110 OS - I just don't think it'll help with your signal problem but it's a good release IMO.

I think yousaid your phone doesn't get a good signal in other places, right?
    yes that's right..
    i'll install .110 anyway.. because .124 gives problem with sending messages. BB freezes when transmits.

I don't think it's a bad idea to upgrade. As reddrvgon said, it's a good OS and it won't hurt to try if you have the time. It's just that since you're experiencing bad signals everywhere, I suspect the phone itself has a problem. Good luck and post back your results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12