There have been a plethora of new applications for the Blackberry that accept voice commands ... General Blackberry forum

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Question Why not voice command like Microsoft Voice Command

Advertisement

There have been a plethora of new applications for the Blackberry that accept voice commands and will do things like voice to text to reply to email. Even Microsoft Live Search accepts voice commands now.

I find this to not be reliable enough for me and I don't trust my emails to this method. Sometimes you don't even get copied on the outbound email as it's a server doing the translation.

I am not lazy and if I find myself driving and needing to send an email I will either call them or wait.

What I do really miss from my Windows Mobile days is Microsoft Voice Commander http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-features.mspx

What I loved about this is it would announce the callerID into my headset. It would also read me the subject of emails and the full SMS text as they arrive.

This was the best. This way while driving or even listening to music I didn't have to stop to check if the email that came in was urgent or not.

This is a product I would gladly pay for but no one seems interested in developing something like this.

Is the Blackberry platform just not powerful enough to do this, what a Samsung Blackjack or any Windows Mobile standard or Pro can do?

nanllc no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing Voice Command Too

I'm new to PinStack and I was searching around and looking at different posts. This post regarding voice command is very near and dear to me because I also sorely miss it. Has there been any updated info and/or does anyone know if there is something like this available yet for the blackberry?

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I would really use something like this as well. I am using vlingo for outgoing messages. This would make my phone perfect!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Susanmlacombe no está en línea Stack level 1

Question multiple txts

Anybody know how to send multiple texts to the same person on a pearl? When I get them from others who have the same phone it will say 1/1, 1/2 and so on but i don't know how they're doing it.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    If you type more characters than is allowed for 1 text it will send it out in 2. That's how you get 1/2 and 2/2. It is done automatically.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think this depends on your carrier. When I was with Sprint it was not available. After switching to AT&T I can now send as many as six to a contact.