Hey fellow stackers, Just wondering. What's the use? Why the feature? Even between BES networks? ... General Blackberry forum

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

why PIN message?

Advertisement

Hey fellow stackers,

Just wondering. What's the use? Why the feature? Even between BES networks? If I can email you, why would I PIN you?

Just wondering...

Thanks in advance.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: why PIN message?

It's like an instant message, most times when you use a program like bb messenger its must faster to pin than email. Also it doesn't clog up our email server with little messages like, "where are you". Plus its a another way to communicate that exclusive to just us BB users. And if you need to send multiple messages to the same person, just start typing and hit enter, no going back through compose a message select the name, type a subject, message, send. You get the idea. Its just easier.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ same reason people use aim,icq,msn its live chat

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Sometimes your corporate/BES email -- or even BIS-integrated accounts -- goes down. PIN is completely independent of your email system. Plus, as DCooksta says, it keeps short messages off your email where you probably don't want them.

In my case, my wife's filters are mostly set up to not forward email to her BB so PIN messaging or BBM is the best way to get in touch with her via her BB. I could use SMS as well but we've had SMS messages disappear into the ether many times. With PIN and BBM you get delivery confirmation that actually works regardless of your carrier and read receipt.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Well that makes a lot more sense now. I never really found use for the function so I wanted to hear it from other stackers.

Thanks guys.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~