Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No kidding, for the average person the built in memory is sufficient, but once you ... General Blackberry forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Advertisement

No kidding, for the average person the built in memory is sufficient, but once you start looking at storing large amounts of picturs, music and videos you pretty much HAVE to look at a micro SD card for the phone.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Exactly, the device has the build in memory that is secure, that's why it won't let you cache or store any device related stuff on the card as it could be extracted simply by takcking out the chip. Device memory on the other hand can be instantly wiped out! That's why blackberry is the words most secure device and is used by military and such. Bescides if you look at your full data base backups, after encryption most range from 2 - 5 megs which is nothing compare to at least 40 available on the device itself. So realisticly 64 is more then needed for most users, bescides even for corp. Users that's suffisient as most client data is stored on web based crm. There you have it if you have massive amonts of contacts tasks and calendar appoitments, this still leaves you with at least 15 mbs left over! The desgin is flawles!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    The implementation of more on board memory on the bold can only mean more of a shift in marketting attention towards not only corporate users but the average Joe who might want his or her phone to double as a capable multimedia device on the fly. Just because there's less memory on every other bb pre-bold doesn't point towards any type of flaw, RIM is simply taking a different approach with the bold that just so happens to make many other BB's seem inferior. So is tge way of any electronic product market.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    The implementation of more on board memory on the bold can only mean more of a shift in marketting attention towards not only corporate users but the average Joe who might want his or her phone to double as a capable multimedia device on the fly. Just because there's less memory on every other bb pre-bold doesn't point towards any type of flaw, RIM is simply taking a different approach with the bold that just so happens to make many other BB's seem inferior. So is tge way of any electronic product market.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Or the os could be far larger then the current. Bescides they can load so much stuff on the berry with the new prossessor twice the speed of the current.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Speaking of memory, I seem to be hovering around 12mb right now. Not sure how it got that low. I don't store any pictures and never leave e-mail on the device unless necessary. Deleted the event and call logs and that gave me a little boost, but do I need to be concerned at this point?

The only difference I can see is that I am now using YouMail. Does that app require memory on the device?

How do you delete preloaded photos?

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    dont remeber, there was a guide floating around here a while back, i would like to know the same thing actaully, i have about 35 mbs left, but still i like to keep it high as i never do a bettery pull and all of it just piles up!

Found this, Gene:

Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod. Savings = 3.5 MB.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Looks like I've got some work to do, hovering around 14 left. Gotta check out the thread.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Found this, Gene:

Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod. Savings = 3.5 MB.
    Awsome, that's quite a bit of data space when you look at it from the perspective of basic storage such as contacts!

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i had an 8130 and was struggling with the low amount of memory but now with my new 8330 from verizon i am booting up with about 53 mb of free space so all is good
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

I'm still trying to figure out what's eating up 40+mb of my memory and why I only have about 12+mb left.

Guess I'll try and download the latest OS for the 8310 and see what happens.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I think what my problem is is that I haven't used the app loader to delete a lot of the things possible like language packs and such. I have deleted everything possible in terms of applications I don't use and have less then 2 weeks of emails and text messages stored and I still only boot up to 14.5mb after a battery pull. I'll try out the app loader tonight and are what I can gain but at least I'm not so low its causing issues yet, I just wanna clean it up for the sake of not having wasted space.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    heh i am at 40 mb free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast